Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

first time goin to track

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 11:56 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default first time goin to track

i am hoping to get some 10 second passes this weekend and i was wondering how big of a nitrous shot it will take to get me there.
my setup is in the sig. im not exactly sure on the raceweight anymore, it could be around 3200 now. i dont have a torque arm yet, but the one that is on it has been beefed up quite a bit. i will probly put a little race gas in the tank just to be safe. i also dont know what kind of 60ft to expect either.

i will be on a hoosier 315 35 r17 drag radial.

if there is anything i am missing that will give u a better guess than please ask and i will post it. i will only be able to make a couple passes as i dont have a ccage yet. but i want to get that 10 second slip before the track closes for the winter.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:43 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm reading this car is street legal and ocassionally driven on streets. . .
1. don't use nitrous yet. I say this because you don't know how the car will react to begin with.

2. I'm GUESSING mid 11s for you, MAYBE low 11's. With everything you mention, I would also guess 1.5-1.7 60' and it could bend up your stock stamped torque arm. IF not, then your rear end is in danger. Don't be surprised if they tell you, you need that cage.

3. don't risk the nitrous yet. Get the feel for how the track feels and what the car does when you press the skinny pedal.

Good luck!

4. don't play w/the nitrous yet. . .
Old 10-11-2010, 07:52 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How a car reacts on nitrous is different then a car that re acts on motor, make sure the car is running right and consistant.

IF you feel comfortible, then by all means try a nitrous run but long story of the short, is your going to get kicked out before running your best time and your going to be adding about 60 pounds when the cage goes in which changes a good deal of things. IMO I see you somewhere in the 11's WITH the Nitrous. I see you getting kicked out with the quickness.

Last time I checked you need a fire jacket at NHRA tracks with Nitrous, do you have yours??
Old 10-11-2010, 09:37 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well this isnt the first time ive sprayed hte car. i run on an abandoned air strip here by my house where they used to land small airplanes. we prepped the launch pad as you might call it and we practice launching alot here. im no stranger to the track, but i have never made a pass there with the new 383 in and nitrous. i know the guys very well at the track so they said i could come make a couple passes in the car even tho it isnt up to spec.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:56 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Self prepping is different then the prep you can see at the track. Depending on what day and what cars are allowed to be put through will make a major difference. A Import dragging water through the box and them prepping with a lesser compound or the prep not being as good could all make a difference.

I mean it is good that you have an idea how the car reacts and beleive me, I'd love a flat, abandoned strip to play around with the car. Just a good 60 foot launch pad with enough run out to get a dial in for suspension.

Let us know what it runs.