Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help setting SA strange with 275lb springs for track !

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 02:31 PM
I write checks with my mouth that my ass can't cash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help setting SA strange with 275lb springs for track !

im taking my car to the track tomorrow, it is just a full bolt on, tuned car with the ss4000 and 3.73 gears....car has LCAs out back and a tubular k- with SA stranges in front, pretty sure im gonna leave from 1000 rpm first run and i was wondering if i should set my shocks all the way loose or hwo many clicks from loose ?....its midnight madness so i wont get but probly 3 runs to try it...car is on a 255 ET street MT ill have them at 17psi...thanks shooting for 11s !
Old 10-14-2010, 02:40 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not trying to get too specific. Every car is different and everyone will like different settings. I would say ball park it at 2 clicks from loose, record what the car does and adjust based on needs.

Too bad it is not a rental day, you would probably be able to really get a car dialed in with getting multiple runs, even if it be 330 foot hits.

My M6 car which does not have a 2-step (yet), I gotta play with my QA1's a bit, we have a good idea on the ball park but since I run a drag bar I may/should not have to stagger them, the rears definitly need to be harder, Fronts may start out between Zero to 3. Gotta get my butt up to the track.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:47 PM
I write checks with my mouth that my ass can't cash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

another thing, my passanger side is significanly easy to bounce up and down, my driver side is alot stuffer...like very noticibly when i bounce it by hand...dont know what the deal is but i want to figure it out track day friday !