Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New best and wasn't even tryin too!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2004, 11:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New best and wasn't even tryin too!!!

Well, I ended up runnin a new best Saturday at the Horsepower Sales/Pepsi Chevy Show while trying to dial the car down to a 12.0 so I could bracket race at the show Sunday (don't have a cage yet and got booted and couldn't race the rest of the weekend)! I changed my shift point from 6500 down to 6100 figuring that should put me under a 12.0, well I didn't know at the time that my tranny is starting to get a little sluggish and I just happened to look at the tach when I was shifting one time during the run, and it didn't shift till about 6300ish with me shiftin right on the light at 6100, so this is what I ran:

r/t - .520
60' - 1.594
330 - 4.762
1/8th - 7.430
mph - 91.83
1000 - 9.750
1/4 - 11.718
mph - 114.69

She probably had 11.6's in her had I been gettin the car to shift at 6500 where it's sweet spot is and ran a full run, but I wasn't tryin to get a new best, I wanted to get her dialed to where I was legal to run and have a shot at the money!!!!

I was able to get my torque arm dialed in pretty good, first try at -1.5 angle went 1.60 on the 60', then changed to -2 went 1.61, so changed down to -1 and that's where she likes it I guess, cuz on the next three runs she went 1.595, 1.593, and 1.594!!!! I'll attribute not bein down in the 1.58's or lower to the crappy weather, it was hot as ***** and pretty damn humid too (up in the 80's, probably almost 90)!!! There were guys takin pictures and they got a bunch of great pics of my launches with the drivers side wheel in the air and the slicks wrinkled!!!! So of course I bought one of the pics!!! I'll try and scan it in somewhere and post it up if I can, gotta find a place that can scan it though, cuz it's huge!!!

Also got a pretty good vid of me and Lee (FEAR THE LS1) runnin, but it doesn't really show what my car runs, cuz I lifted at the end as to not get thrown out, but i'll try and post it up anyway (or Lee will probably post it up), they're pretty good vids and his car is sick and does crazy wheelies, he's the man!!!! It was nuts bein lined up next to him and havin him launch out like that and go flyin bye!!!! And no less to hear him over me, I don't usually hear the other car over mine, that thing is just nuts!!!!!!!

So now I won't be racing anymore till i'm done with training in my new job and have the money to put in the cage and freshen the tranny, so it'll be a few months!!! It's gonna suck cuz I love racing, but what can you do, cuz they're not gonna tolerate me breakin 11's w/o a cage anymore, i've done it quite a few times and they were really pissed (and this time I wasn't even trying too), plus I need the tranny freshened, so there's not much point in racing till it is anyways!!!!

Last edited by Loudmouth LS1; 03-15-2004 at 12:06 AM.