Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What suspension parts to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2004, 05:11 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What suspension parts to buy?

I want to buy LCA relocation brackets but what brand should I get? Also should I buy boltin or weldin. And what other suspension parts should I get and what brand? My 60ft time were really bad last time I raced.
Old 03-27-2004, 05:13 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

spohns stuff is really good and get the weld ins.
Old 03-27-2004, 06:36 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How fast do you intent on going? Any more mod's in the future? Do you really care about the street ride.

Spohn is very good. BMR has some great things. Madman's maybe the best for the price.

If you're just racing ocassionally, than get some nice boxed in LCA, almost any would be better than the stock ones. Might want to consider sub-frame (SFC) also.

There is a lot of info out there, just use the search for race set-ups.

David
Old 03-27-2004, 06:53 PM
TECH Addict

I don't have relocation brackets myself but I've seen alot of guys saying to get the bolt on type and then weld them in. That way you don't need to worry about welding them in the wrong location. If I decide to install relocation brackets thats what i'm gonna do. Sounded like a good idea to me.
Good luck
Tom
Old 03-28-2004, 11:49 AM
TECH Veteran

Tom

I just got my Spohn relocation brackets welded in. Haven't been to the track (since it isn't open yet), but it made setting the pinion angle a lot easier. THEY say that the relocation bracket is suppose to help "plant" the tires for better traction. We'll see, end of last season was almost a lost due the shitty track conditions in the SS's inability to get traction. Hoping for some 1.4-1.5 on engine and 1.3-1.4 on nitrous.

David
Old 03-28-2004, 02:46 PM
10 Second Club

I'll be going to the track atleast twice a month and I'm thinking about bracket racing too. I like driving my car on the street and really don't want any LCA's that make alot a noise. I was also thinking it would be a good idea to buy bolton's then weld them after they were all bolted up. What kind of torque arm do you guys have and what do you think I should get? With my new nittos I hook up alot better on the street but I wasn't able to find out what it could do at the track because it rained almost all weekend. Thanks for your help.
Old 03-28-2004, 04:43 PM
11 Second Club

I have a random technoloy TA which has worked good for me. Pinion set at negative 3 for an auto. Cheers......