Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lemons12- 370/Ls3 nitrous build

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 05:23 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 02 WS6 TA
Well, since there are morons in here attempting to **** on his build thread, mine IS running, so bring it to PCB. And don't even say you ain't coming to Florida.

It's hell being so popular, ain't it Lemons?
Wow I must say that motor looks great! May I ask, what H/C/I and what's it put out for power?
Old 06-13-2012, 12:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ended up selling the Glock this afternoon to a local guy I know via Clist.

I am going to pay off 1/2 of the rest of what I owe TMS with the money. End of next week I will pay off the rest, week after that headers.

Other than ^^^ I have fluids and tune!

I'm looking my fueling right now to be prepared for it... As well as heavily considering a Kmember before I put everything together.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:31 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by lemons12
I ended up selling the Glock this afternoon to a local guy I know via Clist.

I am going to pay off 1/2 of the rest of what I owe TMS with the money. End of next week I will pay off the rest, week after that headers.

Other than ^^^ I have fluids and tune!

I'm looking my fueling right now to be prepared for it... As well as heavily considering a Kmember before I put everything together.
How in the world did you manage to sale a firearm on Craigslist.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
How in the world did you manage to sale a firearm on Craigslist.
http://nashville.craigslist.org/spo/3071615404.html

I'm sure there were a couple slow people that thought I was on crack trying to sell some magazines and an empty box of Hornady for the same price as the gun sells for. LOL

Throttle body came in today, looks really nice... I'll post a pic shortly.

en 4 Glock 27 (.40 sub compact) Magazines

Info... Glock .40 Sub compact **MAGAZINES** for sale!! I have some extras that I will throw in the deal if you want the magazines... Pinky Extension, an empty Hornady Critical Defense rounds box, the original Glock box, all papers you get when you purchase a new Glock, etc etc etc... Only thing not included in this for sale listing is the Glock 27 handgun itself and the ammunition shown in the pictures.

The magazines are immaculate, not a scratch/etc on it and shows zero sign of wear or use, they were never carried. Roughly 150-200 rounds through them and not a single jam, its a Glock magazine. Cleaned the mags after every practice.

530$
The only reason for selling the magazines is to fund my other hobby, cars. I will consider trades for things I need to fund my build, nothing else... If you don't have car parts I'm not interested in trades. (L92 heads/TSP 1 7/8 headers/nitrous accessories/etc)
TEXT only: XXX XXX XXXX

PICTURES OF THE MAGAZINES FOR SALE!!!!: The Handgun/ammunition seen in the pictures are not for sale!

Last edited by lemons12; 06-13-2012 at 10:06 PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:56 PM
Launching!

http://nashville.craigslist.org/spo/3071615404.html

I'm sure there were a couple slow people that thought I was on crack trying to sell some magazines and an empty box of Hornady for the same price as the gun sells for. LOL

Throttle body came in today, looks really nice... I'll post a pic shortly.

Lemons you're a genius.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Lemons you're a genius.
I do what I can to get by!

I ended up really liking this TB... And for 134$ shipped, can't beat it! Even came with a sensor.
PICS:

I also received the tracking number for the heads, they will be here on Friday.

I was a little busy today but I am calling Lonnies Performance tomorrow to see what he can set me up with as far as fuel to support the spray. I was prepared for a big penny for that but I'm thinking it isn't going to be quite as bad as I had originally planned... I was probably over building in that department as well.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:44 PM
Launching!

I ended up really liking this TB... And for 134$ shipped, can't beat it! Even came with a sensor.
PICS:

I was a little busy today but I am calling Lonnies Performance tomorrow to see what he can set me up with as far as fuel to support the spray. I was prepared for a big penny for that but I'm thinking it isn't going to be quite as bad as I had originally planned... I was probably over building in that department as well.
Sweet! Any idle issues with the Edelbrock?
Old 06-13-2012, 11:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Sweet! Any idle issues with the Edelbrock?
I actually haven't heard a ton about the edelbrock TBs... The FAST/PTM/NW are more common.

I'm not sure why though. This one comes with sensors and I like the finish on it a LOT!

For 130$, I couldn't pass it up... It has to be better than those EBAY junk ones. It seems like a very high quality part.

I will know soon enough! Fingers crossed... I REALLY am hoping I am lucky enough that I start it and don't find too many issues.. I will have bugs and what not but I hope nothing that can't be fixed quick and easy.

Last edited by lemons12; 06-13-2012 at 11:59 PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

If correct, I like what I hear...
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...ttle-body.html
Old 06-14-2012, 12:44 AM
Launching!

I actually haven't heard a ton about the edelbrock TBs... The FAST/PTM/NW are more common.

I'm not sure why though. This one comes with sensors and I like the finish on it a LOT!

For 130$, I couldn't pass it up... It has to be better than those EBAY junk ones. It seems like a very high quality part.

I will know soon enough! Fingers crossed... I REALLY am hoping I am lucky enough that I start it and don't find too many issues.. I will have bugs and what not but I hope nothing that can't be fixed quick and easy.
Yeah I haven't heard too much or known anyone running the Edelbrock piece. Looks good! I feel you on the E-Bay stuff. My buddy was having issues with an off-brand 92mm he bought off there. Idle issues and plate was sticking. He finally said F'it and bought a Nick Williams like I told him to do in the first place.

Sounds good.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

I have heard a lot of horror stories from the Ebay/no name brands and they need a LOT of work on ALL of them out of the box to get them even half way performing correctly.
I would spend 100$ more to get a part I can install and forget about the way it came out of the box.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:05 AM
TECH Addict

Wow I must say that motor looks great! May I ask, what H/C/I and what's it put out for power?
I'll quit whoring Evan's thread after this: GMPP 454 LSx ETP heads, baby .830/.816 cam, extrude honed Lingenfelter, makes around 300 to the tires.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:07 AM
TECH Addict

That is a nice buy, that's the first one I've seen. If he has another dozen or so he wants to get rid of, I'll take 'em.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:50 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea man, completely different route. I think its for the better though.
I had some deals fall through on the sellers end, not too often you hear a buyer wanting to send money and the seller just stops responding! LOL I'm glad it happened though, I like this build.
You need to roll your fenders though! My 325s would get sliced and diced! LOL
Haha, yeah this definitely sounds like a better build. I don't need the rears, I have a set of 275 DR's that hook solid, I want to drop the weight up front for a harder transfer! LOL
Old 06-14-2012, 04:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

I'll quit whoring Evan's thread after this: GMPP 454 LSx ETP heads, baby .830/.816 cam, extrude honed Lingenfelter, makes around 300 to the tires.
I don't mind as long as it isn't useless bickering!

That is a nice buy, that's the first one I've seen. If he has another dozen or so he wants to get rid of, I'll take 'em.
Yea, I haven't seen one like it at all... If he had more I would have bought several.... Then priced them at 250$ and sold them all! HAHA
Everyone that has seen it in person really likes it, one of the nicest 90s made IMO.

Originally Posted by RacingTiger03
Haha, yeah this definitely sounds like a better build. I don't need the rears, I have a set of 275 DR's that hook solid, I want to drop the weight up front for a harder transfer! LOL
I'm enjoying it! If I come that way for anything in the next few weeks I could bring them with.

Just called TMS and paid off 1/2 of the rest of my total. I should be able to finish that up at the end of next week.

I also needed some lifter trays and of course Kyle took care of me again on that!
Picked up the cherry picker to pull the motor out today as well.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:10 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

I actually looked at Thompson Motorsports recently and had never heard of them.... glad to see they are a sponsor. Hard to beat their prices that I saw on the website (was just looking for a stock replacement).

Nice build man.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
I actually looked at Thompson Motorsports recently and had never heard of them.... glad to see they are a sponsor. Hard to beat their prices that I saw on the website (was just looking for a stock replacement).

Nice build man.
I am very pleased with everything about Kyle's business.

I am trying to finalize a deal on a TSP true dual setup now.
Old 06-16-2012, 07:15 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lemons, I don't know how hard it would be for you to get the car there, but I've recently discovered a gold mine exhaust shop nearby. They're kinda old school on what theyll try to talk you into, but when it comes to bending pipe and welding they're definitely some of the best.. non-sponsor so I'll PM ya the info, they're down near scottsboro, AL.
Old 06-16-2012, 07:25 AM
TECH Addict

Oh, you needs exhaust? Sounds like a weekend Vaca to the redneck Riv is in order- I'll bend some **** up for ya.
Old 06-16-2012, 07:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

I am very pleased with everything about Kyle's business.

I am trying to finalize a deal on a TSP true dual setup now.
With what mufflers? IIRC you hated bullets and sweet thunders. Are you having 10 series Flowmasters welded on?

Quick Reply: Lemons12- 370/Ls3 nitrous build