Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ran my 653 horse stock bottom end car this weekend...

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2004, 12:30 PM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ran my 653 horse stock bottom end car this weekend...

...and it was probably the worst drag racing weekend ever..

If you'd like details on my setup, there is a thread in the nitrous section which goes over my nitrous setup.

Car put down 653/705 on a stock bottom end a weekend ago, so I went to the track to run the 1/8 mile and dial the car in somewhat.

First pass out: 1.49 60' and a 6.8 1/8 @ 85 mph. The low MPH was from mem letting out of it way early. Car got a little squirley and wanted to check the plugs before I did a ***** to the wall pass. Keep in mind that before, I used to run 6.99-7.0 1/8 mile @ 100 mph. I think that if I would have stayed in it this migh have been a pretty fast pass. I think this car has a low, low 10 second slip in it...who knows.

That 60' is on nothing but a bmr toque arm and a set of ET drags. The car does have a set of subframs connectors. I'm pretty happy to have cut a 1.49 on stock lca's, shocks, springs, everything...but I think its time to upgrade as the car is not launching straight as I'd like it to.

I did notice though that it was getting tough to speedshift the car. It was hard getting in and coming out of gear. This worried me a little...and on the second pass, broke another tranny. It will not go into, or come out of, second gear at all if the car is under power. All the res of my passes that night were aborted due to tranny woes.

I am getting tired of these t56 problems. I am going pro shifted, and if that does not work....well, its th400 time because I am hacing a hard time justifying keeping a t56 in the car if I cant get enough passes in at these power levels to get the car dialed in.

And I really wonder how long these things will last with my 427 combo (whenever I finish it), installed.
Old 04-04-2004, 06:32 PM
TECH Regular

Pro shifted T-56? I didn't know they made any sort of shifter like that for the T-56.

Sorry about all your troubles, but 6.80s is pretty damn impressive at full weight with a majority of stock suspension components. I'm impressed.

Good luck and I hope you get your tranny woes figured out.
Old 04-04-2004, 06:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by houseofboost
Pro shifted T-56? I didn't know they made any sort of shifter like that for the T-56.

i dont think he is talking about a shifter. its something that a company called liberty does to trannies
Old 04-04-2004, 07:41 PM
TECH Regular

I know Liberty, I have two of their pro stock style clutchless 5-speeds. I was unaware that they did any modifications to the T-56.

I'm going to look into this!!!
Old 04-04-2004, 07:57 PM
8 Second Club

yeah, I think once I have the pro shifted trans in there this thing is going to really haul ***....I hope to get it in soon so I can run it again.