Sponsored by:

To waterbox or not?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2002, 08:34 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To waterbox or not?

As the subject states.

Should I go through the waterbox with Nitto DR's?
Old 11-29-2002, 08:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: To waterbox or not?

I wouldn't go sloshing through the waterbox but it's not a bad idea to get a little water on them to aid in the burnout process. It will let the posi live longer. I would pull around the waterbox if possible and then back right into the egde of it just enough to get them damp.
Old 11-29-2002, 10:23 AM
"All Motor 9 Second club member"

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Paul is absolutely right on this one. You will be hurting your self by going through the water because you will be tracking water with your front tires that you will likely be launching in and it is also discourteous to the drivers behind you because they have to deal with the water you left behind. If you have skinnies , you will track very very little, but I go around the water box and back in the water myself and I have drag slicks. It is not absolutely necessary , but I want everything to my advantage. Also, with the drag radials , don't back deep into the box. Just get to the edge of the wet surface , burn them until you get some smoke off of them and then ease off the brake and spin'em up to the line. If you get in the water, you will sling water into the wheel well and it will be dripping on your tires while you are staging at the lights. This seems to help me when I'm in my street trim. I hope it helps you. Take care and good luck!

James
Old 11-29-2002, 11:09 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks guys I appreciate your expertise!