Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Q, what to expect for tenths and mph in quarter with these mods

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2002, 03:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Q, what to expect for tenths and mph in quarter with these mods

You could see 50 to 70 hp increase with all that. You should have hi elevens at 116+ mph in my opinion. It will depend on car weight, rear gear, traction, and shifting.
Old 12-08-2002, 04:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Moving to Drag Racing section.
Old 12-09-2002, 12:59 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q, what to expect for tenths and mph in quarter with these mods

Hey guys,

I have a 98 WS6 M6 with Carbon fiber MTI lid, hurst shifter, SLP loudmouth, Ported MAF, and all the free mods. Currently 331rwhp and 358rwtq. My question is how much horsepower and how many tenths in the quarter as well as the mph with the Hooker longtubes,Offroad pipe,FTRA, and Ported Throttle body. These are whats on order, I want to know what I can expect for performance with these mods added at once. Thanks for the info, Marcel
Old 12-09-2002, 02:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yah, Those times sound impressive, I have 3:42 gears right now and I have the NITTO Drag radials coming to put on so I can get some better traction down low. I hope to get the gains you said because right now the fastest I've ran is 13.6 at 108mph with a 2.0 60ft at 2700ft above see level. That was before I removed the baffels from my hood though. I think when I moved from Edwards California to Fort Walton Beach Florida I noticed a considerable gain in horsepower because its below sealevel in Fort Walton. I don't know what the difference is in the altitude change. But it feels like about a second difference in the quarter. Thanks for the info.