Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First track times stock and launching technique.

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2003, 09:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First track times stock and launching technique.

So I went to the track for the first time this weekend and did pretty well, but can stand to make some improvements. The T/A is my first stick car and I've only had it about a month so I'm no pro at launching, and bogged quite a bit.

I ran several 2.2 60 fts, but not spinning. I would rev to about 2500, slip the clutch and then stab the gas at the same time I let the clutch out the rest of the way. It would lurch forward for a second, but then bog quite a bit. Do I need to rev higher than 2500? Or should I just slip the clutch a little more? Or a combination of both?

As for my times, my best on the 2.2 60 fts were 13.4 @ 105 and 13.5 @ 106. Pretty decent for a stock car, but I'd like to be able to get my short times down. Any suggestions?

Tim
Old 04-21-2003, 09:06 PM
Launching!

Default Re: First track times stock and launching technique.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by GTP4UNME:
<strong> So I went to the track for the first time this weekend and did pretty well, but can stand to make some improvements. The T/A is my first stick car and I've only had it about a month so I'm no pro at launching, and bogged quite a bit.

I ran several 2.2 60 fts, but not spinning. I would rev to about 2500, slip the clutch and then stab the gas at the same time I let the clutch out the rest of the way. It would lurch forward for a second, but then bog quite a bit. Do I need to rev higher than 2500? Or should I just slip the clutch a little more? Or a combination of both?

As for my times, my best on the 2.2 60 fts were 13.4 @ 105 and 13.5 @ 106. Pretty decent for a stock car, but I'd like to be able to get my short times down. Any suggestions?

Tim </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
Old 04-21-2003, 09:14 PM
Launching!

I also ran my car this past weekend for the first time, and even though i am not new to drag racing i am new to racing this car. I ran a best of a 13.4 105.67 with an otherwise stock m6 with a SLP air lid. but my 60' times were a little lower then yours i had a 2.053 but since your time is the same i assume you cut a better r/t then me. mine were pretty bad .607 r/t . i noticed too low of rpm leads to wheel hop and bogging. Too high of rpm and you sit there spinning. what i would like is to find a track that only does test and tune for a few hours then i could maybe see which rpm is the best for launching.....
Old 04-21-2003, 09:18 PM
Teching In

R/T has nothing to do with your ET. The clock doesn't start till you do. Your R/T could be 10 minutes, doesn't matter.

Tim
Old 04-21-2003, 09:46 PM
Launching!

what was your r/t though? was it lower?
Old 04-21-2003, 09:55 PM
Teching In

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">what was your r/t though? was it lower? </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not that it matters, but no it wasn't. On the 13.4 run it was .696. I was paying attention to my RPMs too much, not the lights.

Tim