Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Keeping tags on 'Race' car

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 01:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Keeping tags on 'Race' car

I guess this is dependant on each state but I would think there would be some common practices...
I will have a car that I want to basically keep as a race/toy car, I want to keep tags on it just so I can run it on the street for what ever reason, testing new stuff or local clubs that have a street class and needs to be tagged/etc.

What options are there? I currently just have Liabiltity on it with underinsured and un-insured, this may be just in South Carolina, they are a bit messed up in the thought process of things...

I just looking for what others do. I have not talked to my agent yet, I know they will not want to ins a race car but going to see if they can remove the un and under stuff.

Thoughts?
Old 04-12-2005, 04:04 PM
On The Tree

You can insure classic cars for dirt, if you barely drive them, and only on certain days ... as far as I hear. Maybe something similar for new ones?
Old 04-13-2005, 01:49 PM
Launching!

I dont know what you have for emmissions, but you could insure it as a secondary use vehicle and just keep basic liability insurance on it.
Old 04-13-2005, 08:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

I ended up making it a weekend car, or minimum use vehicle and dropped towing. I could not drop un or under insured, with Allstate or SC if you drop it on one vehicle you have to drop it on all of your vehicles. Dont like that idea...
I will get the updated policy soon and know how much it actually saved me....