Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car Insurance

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2005, 05:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car Insurance

My car is paid off and is pretty much a trailor queen, i do drive it occasionally on the street but i can live with or without street driving. My question is for full blown race cars, do you still need to have insurance at the track? What about when its on the trailor? Is there a company that specializes in race insurance? Or is it pretty much on you if you destroy the car. I was just curious what everyone else is doing and any advice on this. I currently have full coverage, but i am not sure they would do anything to help me if i wrecked the car at the track..Thanks Jim
Old 05-01-2005, 07:02 PM
7 Second Club

Bickelbird posted some interesting insurance info several weeks ago.If you search back 3-4 weeks you should be able to find it.He responded to a similar question by someone else.

Theft and fire insurance for your car would be a wise move,who knows what could happen to it while not at the track.It won't cover you while racing though.
Old 05-02-2005, 09:50 PM
9 Second Club

Lots of people will cheaply underwrite a non-tagged race car for "key off" insurance. It will cover you during towing, storage, and sitting in the pits. However, if the key is on, or it is stored in sight, such as on an open trailer overnight or not garaged, NO coverage.

Prices are usually around $100 per $10,000 coverage, with around $300 minimum average. Kincaid Insurance out of Ohio does this via Lloyds of London.

If you have a street driven "race car", you are pretty much out of luck. Take care. Dave
Old 05-03-2005, 08:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

I wanted to keep my tags to drive the car on the street when I wanted to so I called the insurance company and told them it was a weekend car, no more than 5k miles a year. With that change and adding another car and some extra stuff to my Grand Caravan, it only went up $8/mth....I have not went back to see how much my Z28 went down with those changes but it had to go down a good bit b/c I added a whole other car at the same time....
Old 05-03-2005, 08:50 AM
11 & 7 Second Clubs

Look up AO Underwriters on the web and give them a call. They can insure your car anywhere.
Originally Posted by Roofer Dave
Bickelbird posted some interesting insurance info several weeks ago.If you search back 3-4 weeks you should be able to find it.He responded to a similar question by someone else.

Theft and fire insurance for your car would be a wise move,who knows what could happen to it while not at the track.It won't cover you while racing though.
Old 05-11-2005, 04:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hagerty insurance does that