Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lots of questions for Project 96 LS1 SS Drag Car.

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2005, 02:52 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lots of questions for Project 96 LS1 SS Drag Car.

Ok possibly will be building a drag specific 96 SS. Car is completely gutted, so weight reduction is half way done! But...

1) Will a Tubular K Member for a 2000 Z28 bolt in place, thus allowing an LS1 to be used for power?

2) If so, I assume the Lower control arms will mount up to the LT1 Spindles as well?

3) Will a fabbed 9", narrowed 2" for a 2000 Z28 bolt in to the LT1 Mounts as well?

Planning on using a forged 347(already have the shortblock ) TH400 with TB and RMVB (swapping out from my car), Steel Driveshaft and J Billingsley Fab'd 9" w/ Drag sway bar, chute mount and wheelie bar mount and torque arm (swapping out from my car). Lots of pretty NX SX2 Nitrous 2 Stage nozzles for that extra motivation, 2gal fuel cell in front for Nitrous, 5-6gal in rear for engine. Planning on lots of tubular reinforcement for the cage, a seat and steering wheel, Speedglass throughout, FG rear hatch, FG front end, big n little Pro Stars (from my car) Suspension from my car as well if everything will cross over, Tubular K Member, A Arms, HAL's, LCA, will get new through frame SFC. Still working the Engine Management, either a 2000/2002 PCM and Harness (I have those years HPTuners) or our partner is a BS3 Dealer so might work a deal on that. Yes, there are lots of little things I am not including as of now, but need to see if the stuff I have/will be getting very shortly for my car will swap over first. Hope so. Thanks.

Charlie
Old 05-30-2005, 12:26 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes
yes
yes
Old 05-30-2005, 02:31 AM
Restricted User

Well, figures time I get done being ill and researching ( I forgot I posted this, yes in that little bit of time) we decide to not use this car. Too much time and money to veer of track now. Thanks for the reply though. Appreciate it.

Charlie
Old 05-30-2005, 02:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

An LT1 steering rack won't bolt up to the LS1 tubular K-member.
You'll want a MADMAN manual rack or something.
Can't think of anything you don't have listed off the top of my head, but it isn't too complex of a swap.