Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

braided stainless brake line question

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 05:45 PM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default braided stainless brake line question

I'm wanting to run a braided line for my brake lines (running aerospace brakes now). I've been told aeroquip makes a tfe line that will work. Has anybody else used a braided line through the whole car and what brand did you use?
Old 06-11-2005, 11:13 PM
I ruin the end of films...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I redid about 60% of my lines this year. From about the end of the transmission forward is all new hardline. The only place I used braided line was going to the front brakes. It was either -3AN or -4AN teflon line from Earl's. You'll need to get the proper adapters to go from the braided line to the calipers though.
Old 06-12-2005, 10:28 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i'd be interested to hear who else did the whole car in braided line. looking to redo mine as well
Old 06-12-2005, 11:53 AM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Do all the major runs in seamless stainless tubing. Use -4 AN flares and fittings to make your connections. Only run the soft stuff to go from the hardlines on the frame to the wheels. The Aeroquip TFE -4 is the size that all the brake lines are in (1/8"). I don't know anyone that has run their entire car that way. It's possible, but I'm not sure what the effect of 30' of TFE will do to brake fade. It works ok on making the connections though.