Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

launching help

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 01:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default launching help

ok i have a 99 ta A4 with slp air lid and dynomouth exhaust and a programer that the shift firmness is set at 50%. this afternoon i am going to race a 02 WS6 A4 stock. it seems that the only way i spin the tires the less is if i just let it idle then punch it. even if i stage it at 1grand it spins too much. yes i warmed up the tires b4 this too. any suggestions or tips?
Old 01-24-2006, 01:59 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Either get some drag radials or learn to feather it out the hole also if you haven't done it take the front swaybar off for better weight transfer
Old 01-24-2006, 02:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

if i feather it in, what would be the best rpm to do so?
Old 02-05-2006, 12:33 AM
Teching In

Well this looks like as good of thread as any....I just got a 02 WS6 with 4000 miles. Its a 6 speed and ive tried to race some people but i just keep getting beat and bogged down off the line and from a roll...Could someone give me some tips on launching and how maybe to get a better kick from a roll? The car also has traction control on it, could someone please tell me if i should put it on or off?

Thanks for the help

Rick
Old 02-05-2006, 01:21 AM
12 Second Club

How to do a burnout
bomax, 2002-12-01

First make sure Traction Control is disengaged (if you have it)!

Automatic: Use your left foot to step on the brake just enough to prevent the car from rolling forward, then, with your right foot, slam down the gas. Slowly release brake when you want to start moving.

Manual: Put the shifter into 1st gear. (Some people do 2nd, see what works best for you). Push the clutch in and rev it up to about 4k RPMs, then quickly remove your foot from the clutch pedal and move it over to the brake pedal. The idea is to use as little braking force as necessary to prevent the car from rolling forward. When you want to make your getaway, simply slowly release the brake pedal and you should start moving forward and leave some nice tire marks in the process!

A line lock is a device that is connected to the brake lines going to the front tires. This will allow the driver to engage only the front brakes, so that the rear brake pads are not burnt away as you do your burn out.

http://www.ls1camaro.net/sections.ph...ticle&artid=54