Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Snapped some pics with the dash out....

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 12:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Snapped some pics with the dash out....

Man is it a mess behind there!!!!!

Oh and SUX2BU, you were right, it was a pain in the *** to get that entire rubber mat out!!!! Passenger side wasn't bad, but drivers side sucked!!!!! In total it took me like an hour and fifteen minutes just to get the stupid thing out!
Attached Thumbnails Snapped some pics with the dash out....-no-dash-1.jpg   Snapped some pics with the dash out....-no-dash-2.jpg   Snapped some pics with the dash out....-no-dash-3.jpg   Snapped some pics with the dash out....-no-dash-4.jpg   Snapped some pics with the dash out....-no-dash-5.jpg  

Old 02-28-2006, 01:23 PM
Flossin' twin turbos

it's going to be a nightmare when i get to it
Old 02-28-2006, 01:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ok forget that!!!!

as much as i want to do this... what the hell do you do with all those wires then? hahaha
Old 02-28-2006, 02:50 PM
Restricted User

+1 with Slow Z28. I cant see myself tearing up my car like that. Although I have mucho respect for those that have gone down that road, I just know that will only happen if I were looking for the absolute last .0xxx of ET drop for a record, or a lot of money! At my Pee-Wee League Level there is no need for me to do this.
Have fun cutting and removing excess wiring Devon....

Charlie
Old 02-28-2006, 03:19 PM
Launching!

Yeah I feel your pain with the rubber mat
But like I said before the wiring wasn't as hard as I thought it would be! As long as you make sure you are cutting the right wire. I just put my dash backin last night and it is much easier going in than out( just a little light at the end of the tunnel)! Good Luck !
Old 02-28-2006, 03:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Slow Z28
ok forget that!!!!

as much as i want to do this... what the hell do you do with all those wires then? hahaha
you just cut the entire harness out and rewire the things you need
Old 02-28-2006, 04:11 PM
TECH Junkie

i know, but I just wanted a quick job since i waited on winter to work on the car, so just a quick removal of the heater core, i'm not even worried about the wires, just look like they have no place to bolt back up to to hold in place with the dash back on, ahha.

Definitely mucho props for diving in
Old 02-28-2006, 04:33 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Loudmouth LS1

Oh and SUX2BU, you were right, it was a pain in the *** to get that entire rubber mat out!!!! Passenger side wasn't bad, but drivers side sucked!!!!! In total it took me like an hour and fifteen minutes just to get the stupid thing out!
That's not bad Devon. That rubber mat is a bitch, but it's worth the effort.

If you want to see a mess, start clipping the harness.

Old 02-28-2006, 10:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by CAT3
+1 with Slow Z28. I cant see myself tearing up my car like that. Although I have mucho respect for those that have gone down that road, I just know that will only happen if I were looking for the absolute last .0xxx of ET drop for a record, or a lot of money! At my Pee-Wee League Level there is no need for me to do this.
Have fun cutting and removing excess wiring Devon....

Charlie
Too be honest, i'm probably gonna leave the wiring, i'm scared to **** with it, I was dreading pulling the dash, the only reason I pulled the dash in the first place is b/c I have to have it out to do the 10-point and didn't wanna pay the extra for the chassis shop to pull the dash.
Old 02-28-2006, 11:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Loudmouth LS1

Ha Ha! Told you so!
You can do a little wire cutting and you will get more comfortable as you do it. start by taking ALL the wire loom and tape off the wires.
You can start with the radio harness since that doesn't control anything vital. Grab the conectors that plug into the radio. Cut one wire and follow it till it goes to something else. just do that till you have removed both plugs that go into the radio. Then do the speakers, amp, cd changer, air bags, A/C heater, ABS.
It is really alot easier than it looks.
It was really funny me sitting there in my car with wires going EVERYWHERE and friends and family walking by going " Do you know what your doing! ".
Old 02-28-2006, 11:38 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heres another thread where the guy cut his wires.https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-racing-tech/448013-air-bag-abs-cruse-wiring-help.html