Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Comp engineering shocks...what am I doing wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 09:32 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Comp engineering shocks...what am I doing wrong?

Well I followed the directions on the side of the box, turned the shock clockwise several full roatations and selected the 50/50 settings (R on the shock) but the shock wont extend. What the hell am I doing wrong. I purged the shocks (fully cycled them 10-12 times upright) and still nothing.

Any suggestions?

Nate
Old 04-11-2006, 10:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I had the same problem when I put mine in.I just figured at the 50/50 setting it takes the same amount of force to compress them as it does to extend them,if that makes any sense.If you have to push hard to compress them,you have to pull just as hard to extend them.That sounds really stupid after I typed it but I installed them like that and they worked fine
Old 04-11-2006, 11:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jake the SSnake
I had the same problem when I put mine in.I just figured at the 50/50 setting it takes the same amount of force to compress them as it does to extend them,if that makes any sense.If you have to push hard to compress them,you have to pull just as hard to extend them.That sounds really stupid after I typed it but I installed them like that and they worked fine
I was also thinking the same thing but just wanted some advice from somebody who already put them in. Thanks

Nate