Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I want to hook!!! need advice from those who have been there

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 01:56 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default I want to hook!!! need advice from those who have been there

Bought my car new in Jan of '02. it's got 80,000 miles now.

I've had a ton of fun with it, but have only done smaller mods over the years

NX wet shot,spec III, lid, borla catback, gutted cats, eibach sportlines,dyno tuning, deleted air injection, deleted rear o2's, some minor weight removing etc...everything else stock(valve covers have never even been off the engine)

I decided to start from the rear forward and I want to concentrate on hooking good at the track and on the street first, and then adding power 2nd

I have a moser 12 bolt with 3.73's that I put in in february and that's it, stock T/A still, stock everything other than the eibach sportlines and some bilstiens in the back

I would LIKE to keep the lowered look but know that it's not ideal for low '60 foots

so far I think I want the spohn adjustable TA, (body mount)
but that's all I've decided on....I need advice to cut some low *** '60s, would like to be able to launch on the spray if possible.

I don't have a ton of money, only about $1200 for suspension mods for right now. more to come later

we are renting out bandimere here in denver for a huge grudge match coming up in early august and i want to be better off then I am now....alot of mustangs/cobras and **** talkers lol I know I'm down on power, but think I could shock them and make 'em chase me down! haha

so what course should I take? any advice is welcomed. and sorry for the book
Old 06-16-2006, 02:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get some DR’s tires and install a set of LCA relocation brackets.
Those two items will make the biggest difference for the street and light launching at the track.
As far as hooking good at the track better then mid 1.8 with a M6, you will need a SLICK!!!!!

Been there done that!
Bob
Old 06-18-2006, 08:59 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well of course tires are on the list, probably the MT dr, and maybe a set of full on slicks for the track.

I was more curious about what components work the best, shocks, springs, LCA's...etc

and what should I focus on first with the $1200? I do want to cut at least 1.7's
Old 06-18-2006, 09:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Body mounted torque arm.... UMI, Spohn, BMR X treme, MAD MAN..........
Adjustable shocks with 275 front spring..... Hals qa1 ... strange......
Lower Control arms with poly or rod ends...... Alot of people makes these....
weight reduction from front end.... front sway bar needs to go.... also look into a Two step for the m6 itll help Alot