Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Guy's with E/waterpump- Ever run at the track with no belt

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 07:55 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Guy's with E/waterpump- Ever run at the track with no belt

My car made more power on the dyno with no belt so I figure why not try it at the track. Just wondering other people's results from this if any.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:55 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just gotta watch your battery... i have enough problems running my goodies with an alternator. newer cars draw some power to operate. i had my battery croak last week just running the fans at low speed while in staging lanes. i guess trning 6k for 11 secs at a time isnt enough to charge it up??
Old 06-20-2006, 12:15 PM
TECH Regular

Thats a big thing for the V6's to do...pull the belt, because it only takes about 15 seconds to pull it and put it back on because there is so much room.

The v6's gain about .2-.3 depending on the launch.

The onlytime I ever pulled it I had a shitty launch because I was a little nervous about overheating (no EWP) and my 60 was .1 slower than my previous best run and I still ran .1 faster than my personal best. So its DEFINATLEY worth some good ET.

I've been meaning to do it again because my car is much faster now than when I pulled the belt before.

Last edited by FloydSummerOf68; 06-20-2006 at 12:41 PM.
Old 06-20-2006, 03:54 PM
TECH Resident

why not just put a switch on the generator? that would cause the generator to free spin shoud have the same affect as taking the belt off
Old 06-20-2006, 04:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

was worth about 12rwhp on mine, tried it with no belt and a dynabatt, barely made 2 passes and thats pushing it to the line, it was worth some power for sure, but i spun on the only good run i got since the car didnt bogg as easy out the hole, my 60' was lil worse

i have a optima in the trunk now and i havent had a chance to get a clean pass out of it with the belt off yet, was haveing enought wheelie issues last time out, once i get it dialed in it was time to go, my best in sig was with the belt on, i should be able to pick up almost a tenth with the belt off next season
Old 06-21-2006, 04:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SMOKIN01TA
was worth about 12rwhp on mine, tried it with no belt and a dynabatt, barely made 2 passes and thats pushing it to the line, it was worth some power for sure, but i spun on the only good run i got since the car didnt bogg as easy out the hole, my 60' was lil worse

i have a optima in the trunk now and i havent had a chance to get a clean pass out of it with the belt off yet, was haveing enought wheelie issues last time out, once i get it dialed in it was time to go, my best in sig was with the belt on, i should be able to pick up almost a tenth with the belt off next season
sounds good. I guess I should look into a better bat. first. I was gonna throw the belt back on after I go my time slip and drive with the belt on back to the staging lanes.