Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ride Height Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 12:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ride Height Help!!!

easy question.... qa1 shocks and drag springs.. what is optimal ride height for the best 60? i had the car slammed in the front but im trying to see if i should raise it?

i've ran stock springs with the qa1's and i finaly switched over to drag springs what else should i expect?
Old 06-22-2006, 08:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FANTAZ28
easy question.... qa1 shocks and drag springs.. what is optimal ride height for the best 60? i had the car slammed in the front but im trying to see if i should raise it?

i've ran stock springs with the qa1's and i finaly switched over to drag springs what else should i expect?

From what I've gathered the front and rear frame rails should be at equal heights. This is done so as to keep the power going more instead of having to fight to lift the front end more. So if u want to slam the rearend to accomodate this or raise the front back up do what ever you want...Maybe Madman can help a bit mroe but that's what I've takin so far
Old 06-22-2006, 10:42 AM

yeah , thats what i thought ... kind've wasting energy to just get the front end up. gonna raise the front end a little and see how it does
Old 06-22-2006, 02:34 PM

anyone else?
Old 06-22-2006, 02:57 PM
11 Second Club

I have the hal shocks in the front along with the front drag springs and I left mine at normal ride height. When I put on the skinnies, however; the front height drops about an inch and I like it that way. The lower your car is to the ground, the less resistance you have going down the track. Anyway, it works for me.
Old 06-22-2006, 06:21 PM
10 Second Club

By increasing front ride height your putting more of the vehicles weight over the rear. Should help 60' times, but may make it a little loose at the top end. ?? More caster might help with that; you'll need to align after a ride height adjust any ways.