Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LW fan mod...

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 06:26 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Default LW fan mod...

I know a bunch of people have replaced the factory fans for large singles and have had good luck with it... I got an e-mail with some stuff on special from Summit, and this was one of them.

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsea...+115&x=21&y=11

Is that fan large enough to keep a big CI alum motor cool with the stock radiator? And the 17 amp rating the fan has, how does that compare to the stock fans? I would be wiring this up so that both hot wires from the other fans would be running this single, and would program the car to have both fans come on at the same time.

Also, is the 16 inch size somethign that would fit, or is it too big/small, and is the CFM ratign on it enough, and will some other type of shroud be needed, or is what is around the fan itself enough?

Thanks!
Old 08-03-2006, 08:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am using a 12" fan and so far so good but mine does not get driven much at all. Just on/off trailer and to the staging lanes.

I wired mine up to the ignition switch with the EWP set up, so that it run when the switch is on, got it fused if I want to stop it from running.

I then programmed my 'stock' fan to come on at 300* or whatever the highest number is editor will accept and I get no lights.