Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

can you mount these to a cage and be legal?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 09:21 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default can you mount these to a cage and be legal?

I just bought these and I was wondering if they are fine mounted to my rocker bars on my rollcage instead of the floor of the car???? I intended to drill holes, run the bolts thru the rocker bar and then at a later time before I race the car have my fabricator tack weld them in place as well as being bolted in....

Also if your harnesses already have floor mounts attached (the triangular plates with the hole in em) how in the hell do you mount the clips to the end of the harnesses without hacking the harnesses apart????

I'm just wondering about the legality before I drill even one hole into my rocker bars... i know rocker bars aren't required but I had them installed specifically thinking about somewhere to mount my lap belts and integrity of the bottom rocker panel as well....
Old 09-05-2006, 12:33 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just weld tabs on your rocker bars and clip the belt into the hole on the bracket. Thats how my nova is.
Old 09-05-2006, 05:34 AM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If you drill a hole in the tube, it must be reinforced by welding in a piece of tubing through that hole. You'd be better off having your fabricator just weld tabs to your bars that you can clip your belts to instead. Otherwise, just overdrill the hole and have him weld the tubing into it. Then it should be legal.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:40 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cool thanks....