Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hp and Tq gains not much

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 12:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hp and Tq gains not much

Hey guys I just finiched with the install of a cam and all the basic bolt ons yada yada yada. I end up with 413hp and 376tq. I raced my cousin yesterday who also has a vette and barely beat him it was by about 3/4 car. He made about 330hp almost 340tq when he dynoed recently. We did a 1st gear dig and I suprisingly did not pull him that hard. I had the rev limiter raised to 6600 and bounced it in 1st to 2nd (this was my first run) and I am sure that hurt me. I know there are crazy amounts of variables that can effect a race but I have a 80hp 40tq advantage and it just seemed odd that it was that close. I have the MS3 cam and it makes power late but still we ran till the begining or mid part of 3rd and all I could muster was a little over half a car. We weigh the same and I had a full tank of gas compared to his 3/4 tank big deal. He has considerable lighter tires and theyare also smaller in dia. than mine giving him some gearing advantage but I dont see how much it could really be giving him. He is admitingly a better drive than I which acounts for shifts. Also it is hard to tell if I was spinning it did not feel like it and the car went very straight so unless it was the clutch (which I did not smell) it hooked well. Does anyone have any thought on this from the top of their head. Sorry for the long post.