Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my intake is filled with oil ,would that effect my times, and how to fix?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 09:09 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default my intake is filled with oil ,would that effect my times, and how to fix?

my intake is filled with oil ,would that effect my times, and how to fix? the catch can i have is not doing the job.
Old 12-23-2006, 08:13 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In theroy yes due to oil getting into the combuston chamber and lower the octane rating.

Well to fix it, switch back to dino oil, maybe a thicker grade, check PCV system, thats the best way I have seen.
Old 12-24-2006, 07:12 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

eliminate the pcv, that is the only 100% way to fix it. If you have an ls6 valley cover, cap off the entire pcv at every connection point, and remove teh small hose that connects the tb to the valvecover, cap these off too. PUt a breaher filter onto the ls6 valley cover, locate it whereever you want with a piece of hose and you're oil in the intake problems are now gone. If you don't have an ls6 valley cover, run a piece of hose from one of the pcv connection points, which you use doesn't matter because the motor pressure is equeal everywhere, and puta breather on that. Or, you can spend some $ on a metco breather and replace the oil fill cap with that.

The only thing that is really better then this, would be a vacum pump setup.... but now you're talkign a big chunk of $, more then most people have to spend.