Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paging Harlan (y2khawk): How to hook 2-step in with delay box?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 09:46 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Paging Harlan (y2khawk): How to hook 2-step in with delay box?

Matt, been trying to get with you...

Hooking up your 2-step, transbrake, and delay box, but all delay boxes that I know of, including the one that I have, switch on the 12-volt hot side not ground.

Obviously, if I only wanted 2-step and transbrake, that'd be easy as you'd just have your grey wire on the 2-step in with the ground on the transbrake. However, when you add the delay box into the equation, it changes as it is feeding (or not) the 12-volts to the transbrake.

Any ideas like is there a 12-volt wire to tap into on the 2-step with the transbrake & delay box that won't interfere with normal function? If so, just also ground the white AND grey wires?

Trying to finish up this weekend as the car is ready, other than that, for my licensing runs as my NHRA Competition License has long expired. Thanks. Dave
Old 01-18-2007, 10:34 PM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Send the two step ground wire through a relay to 12 v. Send the power signal to your delay box off the relay. Just use the relay and a 12v source to send the signal you need instead of the two step directly. Depending on how you want to have it setup, you can have your transbrake button actuate the relay so that the delay box is off the transbrake and not the two step itself. You're only talking a couple milliseconds difference in the timing between those two ways.