Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pics of the clearance on 28" ET Drags

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 01:59 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default pics of the clearance on 28" ET Drags

when i first put these on, they were in contact with the body of the car what i ended up doing, was using the adj. lca's to push the axle back about 3/4", then i had to "smooth" (sledge hammer and grinder) the inside edges of the body in the wheelwell to get more clearance for when they balloon at speed. i didnt want to cut the rear bumper, so i used these small brackets, about 4" and unhooked the bumpers frontmost bottom mounting point, and use bolts and washers to put it in between. this flared the bumper out to the sides and pushed it back some which gave the clearance for the rear. i also had to roll the inside sheet of metal back behind the bumper when i spread it to give more clearance. as of now i have zero rub. and the best part is, i can put it back to stock appearance by just removing the brackets, 4 bolts, and putting my street wheels back on. you'd never be able to tell without really looking
Old 01-22-2007, 02:09 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet, how did you end up running. From the looks of the pics it looks like you were at the track.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:15 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cwaldt
Sweet, how did you end up running. From the looks of the pics it looks like you were at the track.
thanks man. well, the tires did well https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-racing-tech/644714-broken-parts-pics-today.html