Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ATL dragway - anybody been there for TnT?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 09:21 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATL dragway - anybody been there for TnT?

I'm thinking of going up to ATL dragway in commerce, GA next Friday for their Fast Friday test n tune night. I probably won't make it until about 9:30pm and the strip closes at 11pm. Is it so busy that I won't be able to make many runs? How busy does it get on Fridays?

If you've got any info pass it on.

Thanks,

Joe

PS I'm running my stock TA with street tires, so I'm not too concerned about their reputation for lack of traction.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

its been a while since ive been but the times ive gone it has been nothing but ricers oiling down the track. stayed there 3 hours and got 1 run in. but like i said its been a while. The track does hook very well though.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:28 PM
TECH Addict

If you're not gonna get there til then you can forget it. It takes AT LEAST an hour to get through tech, and another hour or so to sit through the staging lanes. Then be prepared for an hour shutdown when an 88 riced out CRX blows up at the line. Also, don't plan on good 60's since they a) dont prep the track, and b) let the FWD cars roll through the water box and drag it all over the line.

Now, if you get there about 15-20 minutes before it opens, get teched in quick, and go, you MAY squeeze in 3-4 runs before all of Japan shows up a little later on.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:35 PM
On The Tree

Thanks all for the input. It sounds like it's not worth the 1 hour drive up there. I'll wait until silver dollar has a TnT day.

Any other final comments? Feel free to throw in your .02.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

My comment is this, the oiling down the track is caused by rednecks in their mullet mobiles with primer and no hoods, not the imports. The water at the line is caused by the ricers and lack of competent staff to clean it up. The poor traction at the line is a combo of both parties who just like to burn-out with their street tires and ruin it for everyone else. And that's all I got!