Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help me get out of 2.2 60' times

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2003, 05:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default help me get out of 2.2 60' times

ok heres my problem: when on stock tires i would spin enough to get 2.1 60' when i heat them up really well they would grab and i would pull 1.6 or so but i didnt want to burn the hell out of my stock tires so i got nitto 555r's. now i do a decent burn out and dont hear it spinning at all when i launch but now im pulling WORSE 60' times. it feels like it dead hooks so what could be going on? i have tried launching at idle all the way up to 1,500rpm and i get the same thing no matter what. does anyone have any advice for me other than "go back to stock tires"?
Old 06-08-2003, 05:43 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: help me get out of 2.2 60' times

if it dead hooks on a 1,500 lonch,you need to lonch higher. i did'nt see a stall in your mod list? get one,it will be a night and day difference,you will lonch harder and 60 foots will drop.
Old 06-11-2003, 06:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heat them up rev to 4k then launch.

also i was surprised on how much subframe connectors dropped my 60' i launched like i lauch when i get 2.3's (crappy launch) and got a 2.1 every time, which is good cause i wasnt focusing on my launches to much.

next wil be relocation brackets.
Old 06-11-2003, 07:44 AM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Before I can advise you, list your suspension mods.

Stock tires are never the answer, unless you have a 15 sec car without the torque to spin them.

I have heard the Nittos are good, however I have burned through 3 sets of BFG DRs over the years (so I have a lot of exp with them) and they are great for what they are and esp when you factor in how well they handle on the street.
Old 06-11-2003, 08:21 AM
n2o
TECH Enthusiast

What pressure are you running? I would say you need 18-20lbs in the tires. A stall would help your cause greatly, a set of lca's also are a good idea. If you can hook that up then spray a 100 shot out of the hole. lol
Old 06-11-2003, 12:14 PM
"All Motor 9 Second club member"

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First off you need to be consistent if you are attempting to bracket race competitively so you have to hook solid regardless of your 60 fts. I assume you are running the stock 3.23 rear gears with a stock A4/stock converter. If that is the case you should be able to achieve consistent 2.0-2.1 60 fts depending on the air quality.

I would remove as much realistic weight as possible. (jack,spare tire, mats, etc.)
Remove the front sway bar if you are not an auto-crosser)

Air the front tires to the max (44psi)
Rear tires(Nittos) to 26 psi.
make sure your a/c switch is in the OFF position. The fan clutch engages when the defroster is on and you'll lose an easy 1/10.
Get a cut out installed. It's very cheap HP/Tq.

You should not beable to spin the Nittos and that's a good thing. Personally , I was able to stall the same stock set up as high as the car would go before pushing me through the lights and literally stomp the gas pedal without spinning the Nittos. This would yield us 2.0s or 1.9s in good air. You'll have to play with it to find your sweet spot. I found the HPP3 power tuning to be very effective when I was at your stage. I would recommend custom tuning of course when you can benefit from it with additional mods.

The key factors are less Wieght/More timing/Good air.

Good luck and keep us posted.

James

Old 06-13-2003, 02:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

mike: i tried launching higher and it doesnt seem to effect my time very much i have stock converter so i could only go up to about 1,700rpm

smokinhawk: i have an auto so i cant rev to 4,000 also i already have subframe connectors

tws: im bone stock except for air filter, debaffled lid, and subframe connectors. i have a line lock solenoid but no brake lines yet. i still burn the tires well enough that i dont think im spinning. i cant hear them spinning anyway.

txcamss: i bracket race pretty frequently and im getting better at it. the car is very consistent and for a race i would prefer consistent 2.2 60'
times over erratic 1.9s and thats the way i do it in a race. right now i just want to see what the car can do . i do plan on getting a cutout and pulleys in the near future but you say if i turn on the defroster it'll drop 1/10?

one last thing. i tried launching the way you said to txcamss and that got me a few 2.1's and a 2.0. also, i think i'll try those tire pressure numbers and see what happens. thanks for the advice guys