Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery Relocation Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 08:07 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Battery Relocation Help

So far this experience has not gone good.
What's been done so far is this.
New Battery 1000amp capable.
Put ground straps from the battery in the rear to the frame, ran a ground wire to the front, also ran a new ground strap from the motor to the frame and another one from the wire that I ran to the front to the body. Than I connected this new ground wire to the existing ground wire that connected to the battery in the front. I also ran a hot wire through a cut-off switch in the rear to the front and connected that to the existing wire that was already there from the battery. I connected these wires to the battery terminals wires by using a bolt and nut.

What I'm experiencing is the guages MPH and TACH started to bouncing all over the place not to mention it fells like it's missing I know it's not opti related is because when I put the battery back up to the front the bouncing guages goes away and it acts normal no missing at all.

I ran 2-quage wire for the ground and the hot wire.

Does anybody know why I'm experiencing these symptoms?

Old 08-08-2003, 10:20 AM
Formerly 4mulaJoe

Default Re: Battery Relocation Help

I couldn't follow what you were saying. Abviously you have a short though. All I did was move the battery to the trunk and ground it to the frame after i cleaned up the frame. I used #1 wire. Then I ran another #1 wire to the positive terminal used under the hood for accessories like the alternator. I then made new cable #4 for the starter and alternator. Zero problems.
Old 08-08-2003, 10:55 AM
Launching!

Default Re: Battery Relocation Help

I'm just as confused about writing this as I'm trying to get this to work. I guess I will try your type of install and make sure I have a good ground in the rear. Than make some new wires for the alternator and starter.

Thanks for the help