Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

dyno'd my SS with NOS

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 11:13 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dyno'd my SS with NOS

well here are my dyno sheets with a 100 HP shot of nitrous. i have a dry kit with a progressive nitrous controller. the window switch has the nitrous come on at 4,000 rpm's and i have the initial hit come in at a 50 HP shot and then in 1 second of time it ramps up to a 100 hp shot. my camaro has a turbo 400 trans with a unlocked 3,000 stall converter. the stock 10 bolt rear end has strange 3.73 gears and a auburn posi.

so yeah if i still had the stock manual trans in the car with the stock 3.42 gears it would have dyno'd like way higher. but this is a track car and not a dyno queen. i have a strange 12 bolt rear on order with 4:10 gears that will be goin in next month. i think with this setup i should be able to run a 11.20 @ 122 mph at a track near sea level.

my best time of 12.24 @ 113 mph before i had the nitrous was done at a track that resides at 3,075 feet above sea level. the corrected density altitude on that run was over 5,000 feet above sea level.
Attached Thumbnails dyno'd my SS with NOS-resized.jpg   dyno'd my SS with NOS-resized-1.jpg  
Old 05-10-2006, 12:43 PM
10 Second Club

Holy crap, look at that spike. Good #'s man!!! With a good suspension you might get to the mid 11's or a tad lower. Go find out.
Old 05-10-2006, 07:00 PM
yak
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

how did you dyno 453 rwtg without the bottle>?
Old 05-10-2006, 09:46 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by yak
how did you dyno 453 rwtg without the bottle>?
good question? you are very observant grasshopper on my previous dyno run made back in january before these dyno runs were made in may we went wide open throttle a little later in the rpm range and the torque converter flashed stalled more aggressively and so the peak torque was achieved at 2,800 rpm's. this probably accounted for like 10 rwtq. + the NGK TR55 spark plugs were worth about 7 rwtq more than the NGK TR6 plugs that i am runnin now. obviously the air temp was colder back in january versus may so that make more power too. like about 25 degrees colder so that would acount for another 9 rwtq. i am not sure if these dyno #'s are corrected or uncorrected but either way if they are uncorrected then i will make more power than what any of these dyno sheets read because the dyno resides at 1200 feet above sea level. the interesting thing to note though is that my horspeower remains essentially the same so i would say that the way the dyno operator flash stalled my torque is the major difference here

here is the dyno sheet from back in january b4 the NOS was put on and i was running the hotter spark plugs. as you can see 2 pulls were made with different A/F ratios as well. if you run to rich you will lose power as this illustrates. xtreme motorsports uses HP tuners to dyno tune my car.
Attached Thumbnails dyno'd my SS with NOS-camaro-dyno-resized-2.jpg  

Last edited by FAST FREDDY; 05-10-2006 at 11:08 PM.
Old 05-13-2006, 06:51 PM
yak
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

**** looks like those numbers are unlocked, that would explain it.