Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Tuned MS3/ETP numbers

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 10:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Tuned MS3/ETP numbers

Got my car back the other day from the shop and the new numbers are 362rwhp/301rwtq. These were unlocked and on a Mustang dyno which tends to read low as you can see in V10killer's post. The numbers before the tune were on a dynapack and are in my sig. With my old GT2-3 cam I put down 345/303 on the same dyno. With the converter locked on a dynapack or dynojet I would hoep to see 400 is this reasonable?
Old 07-26-2006, 11:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Detroitmuscle
Got my car back the other day from the shop and the new numbers are 362rwhp/301rwtq. These were unlocked and on a Mustang dyno which tends to read low as you can see in V10killer's post. The numbers before the tune were on a dynapack and are in my sig. With my old GT2-3 cam I put down 345/303 on the same dyno. With the converter locked on a dynapack or dynojet I would hoep to see 400 is this reasonable?
Dude I hate sean's Dyno so much! It puts down such sad numbers. I think if you go anyware else you would put down 400rwhp. I would have to say my butt dyno gives it atleast 390 and a 12.0 with the same 60's you have been cutting
Old 07-27-2006, 12:15 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by c0ncEpT
Dude I hate sean's Dyno so much! It puts down such sad numbers. I think if you go anyware else you would put down 400rwhp. I would have to say my butt dyno gives it atleast 390 and a 12.0 with the same 60's you have been cutting

Just make sure you remember what you're comparing. He uses a Mustang dynomometer. They are excellent tuning tools, but will always, ALWAYS, read lower than a Dynojet dynomometer. I dyno'd on two different dyno's on two different days, although the days were very similar. Mid 80's, humidity in the mid 40 to 50% range. I found that the SAE Dynojet numbers were only ~5.5% more than the Mustang numbers.

Anyway, by looking at your advertised numbers, I'd like to say your torque converter was probably locked. When mine was dynoed unlocked last year, my torque was like 70 more than my horsepower, and my horsepower was a little on the low side (torque multiplication).

If you went right to a Dynojet as you are right now, in about the same weather conditions, I bet you'd see around 389rwhp/323rwtq (STD numbers), or 381rwhp/317rwtq (SAE corrected) give or take a few.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

I talked to Sean and like last time he didn't lock my converter because he doesn't like the Fuddles. Hopefully I'll find a local dyno day to take it to but most importantly are the track numbers.