Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

490 HP 455 TQ 06 Zo6 tune inside....

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 08:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SPRAYED 01
wtf? "Removed Exhaust Fuse" Is that like a muffler bearing. Please explain?
On the c6 z06s there are valves in the exhaust that direct the exhaust flow through the mufflers below around 3000-3500 rpms, once higher than these that the valve opens to allow the exhaust to flow straight though bypassing the muffler like cutouts. So taking the fuse out causes them to always be open.

Edit: those are some damn nice numbers, man these newer cars are nuts, I'm going to need a 150 shot and a few other little things to be with a stock c6 zo6
Old 01-04-2007, 03:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you for clearing that up. That is awsome by the way. Great numbers.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean Collins
How do you possiably end up with more output at the tire then the engine in its stock configuration is even capable of generating at the flywheel. I have meet a few of the calibrators at tech seminars and I get the impression that GM hardly left squat on the table for HP. Factoring in a 45hp dirvetrian optimistcally the best you could hope to acheive 5-10hp ( assuming of course you actually have more talent/resources then the 20-30 man calibration crew at GM) a modest gain. the only thing you might be able to influence would be the TQ management on shifts. I am calling straight BS on this. Not possiable.
LOL...I photoshopped the Dyno graph. Ya that's it....LOL
Come on bye I will strap the car down and you can see it for your own two eyes....
Old 01-05-2007, 10:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

How do you possiably end up with more output at the tire then the engine in its stock configuration is even capable of generating at the flywheel. I have meet a few of the calibrators at tech seminars and I get the impression that GM hardly left squat on the table for HP. Factoring in a 45hp dirvetrian optimistcally the best you could hope to acheive 5-10hp ( assuming of course you actually have more talent/resources then the 20-30 man calibration crew at GM) a modest gain. the only thing you might be able to influence would be the TQ management on shifts. I am calling straight BS on this. Not possiable.
This dude needs to learn a thing or two before he speaks and to hit up spellcheck-and-grammar.com....LS1 FBODY's make 305-315 to the wheels bone stock because they under rate them at the factory. Just like the Z06. Please if you think ESP is pulling BS then we can't trust anyone on here
Old 01-06-2007, 11:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SPRSPT
LOL...I photoshopped the Dyno graph. Ya that's it....LOL
Come on bye I will strap the car down and you can see it for your own two eyes....

I have had enough run ins with c6 zo6's...........I can totally vouch for the power you say you make.

+100 to you bro, on the fact that you are telling the truth. Keep us updated if you do any other work on her.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SPRSPT
Tuned our Zo6 today....
Only mods:
Callaway CAI
Removed Exhaust Fuse
Our Esp Tune

Baseline was 446 HP and 423 TQ
Uncorrected was 507 HP and 472 TQ

SAE Graph below....

Throw some LG Pro Longtubes on her watch everything in your rear view get smaller even faster.
Old 01-07-2007, 06:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
Throw some LG Pro Longtubes on her watch everything in your rear view get smaller even faster.
That is going to be the next mod.....Then possibly a cam and call it a day....We want to see how fast we can go with this set up first on DR's...Then some more modding will happen....

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
I have had enough run ins with c6 zo6's...........I can totally vouch for the power you say you make.

+100 to you bro, on the fact that you are telling the truth. Keep us updated if you do any other work on her.
And thxs for the backup...Some people should really search before the type...LOL
Old 01-07-2007, 06:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by lomaximumta
This dude needs to learn a thing or two before he speaks and to hit up spellcheck-and-grammar.com....LS1 FBODY's make 305-315 to the wheels bone stock because they under rate them at the factory. Just like the Z06. Please if you think ESP is pulling BS then we can't trust anyone on here
Thxs for the support Jas.....
Old 01-07-2007, 08:28 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

all i have to say to you is four words , "Shut the **** up"
Old 01-09-2007, 09:29 AM
12 Second Club

Im still amazed everytime LS7 #'s are posted. Its gona take a lot of modding to keep up with my little old WS.6