Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

carb'ed/procharged results-lq4

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 10:34 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 230 Likes on 162 Posts

Default carb'ed/procharged results-lq4

i was on a pretty conservative tune up, 93 octane
lq4 with forged pistons, cnc'ed lq9 heads, cam-225/229, 114, 580/590, vic jr intake, 750 self modded carb, d1sc, vette dr system (in a chevelle)
@ 6200, i made 488rwhp, 5500 made 431 torq
boost was 9.8 in the intake, afr's were 11.85, intake temp was 98 degs out of the intercooler
total advance was 20 degs, plugs were tr6's, dyno was a superflow
i know i left about 50 hp on the table, but wanted a pretty safe setup
i had been running around 29 degs total advance, but found out that ls motors did not like that much timing on that fuel, unlike my past s/b's
do my #'s seem low, sure doesnt feel like it on the street, but when i look at some of the others numbers(if they are really that high) i wonder if i should be seeing higher #'s, although i was pulling away from a guy on the street who made 75 more than me(my car is super driveable as is)
im gonna make a couple passes in Sept, maybe one step colder plug, a little more rear jet, bump the timing up, and a little cam 2, lol
Old 08-30-2008, 10:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I Would Drop Timing Down To About 10 And Go Up To 110 114 Fuel And See What U Do It Should Pull Hard As Hell
Old 08-31-2008, 01:10 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 432 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by forcd ind
i was on a pretty conservative tune up, 93 octane
lq4 with forged pistons, cnc'ed lq9 heads, cam-225/229, 114, 580/590, vic jr intake, 750 self modded carb, d1sc, vette dr system (in a chevelle)
@ 6200, i made 488rwhp, 5500 made 431 torq
boost was 9.8 in the intake, afr's were 11.85, intake temp was 98 degs out of the intercooler
total advance was 20 degs, plugs were tr6's, dyno was a superflow
i know i left about 50 hp on the table, but wanted a pretty safe setup
i had been running around 29 degs total advance, but found out that ls motors did not like that much timing on that fuel, unlike my past s/b's
do my #'s seem low, sure doesnt feel like it on the street, but when i look at some of the others numbers(if they are really that high) i wonder if i should be seeing higher #'s, although i was pulling away from a guy on the street who made 75 more than me(my car is super driveable as is)
im gonna make a couple passes in Sept, maybe one step colder plug, a little more rear jet, bump the timing up, and a little cam 2, lol
Unless that is through an auto with a really high stall, something is wrong. A 5.7L with stock heads/cam should do that. However, the low numbers may be because you aren't spinning it high enough. 6200 rpm seems like a pretty low cut-off point. Was that number selected at random, or did something the engine was doing make you stop at that rpm?
Old 08-31-2008, 07:50 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 230 Likes on 162 Posts

i had pretty much used 6200 as a cutoff, although we took it up a little over, but power was dropping off anyway-i think more jetting, timing might have kept the power going-it was a pretty high stall, i wanted to switch to low stall(switch/pitch turbo 400) but decided it was to much to remember to throw the switch and look at everything else at the same time
im sure the cam isnt ideal for the setup, but it was a package deal with the heads from Patriot Perf-i would have liked to dyno it with the z06 cam and 317 heads, but never did
the 2.5 full exhaust prob didnt help out a lot either
i pulled a plug after every pull, timing, jetting, heat range all looked good
i guess it is what it is, would like to try a diff cam, maybe with 112 lobe spacing, but i kind of like the torq down low to get this boat moving
Sept 19 i'll make some passes, see where im at, gonna have a little grudge run with a big motored car
Old 08-31-2008, 09:06 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by forcd ind
Sept 19 i'll make some passes, see where im at, gonna have a little grudge run with a big motored car

That wouldnt happen to be a red 72 chevelle w/ a 572 now would it? LOL.
I think you got him covered. You both made similar #s on my wheel but I think he's carrying a little more weight.

Quick Reply: carb'ed/procharged results-lq4