Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

What will it run

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 08:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kmaroman
okay but i raced an srt8 charger awhile back from 80 to 130mph. I was in 4th he launched befor i did but when igot up to about 100 i went by him easy probably had 2 cars or so on him for i hit the break still pulling away. I really don't know how far the car was built sinc ethey previous owner did all the mods and i've just been keeping her in shape an doing the basic stuff maintenance
something happened.. an srt8 charger will pull a stock ls1 easily at highway speeds.. and if you have the mods you have told me, you would be pulled by a stock ls1 easily at highway speeds...

he either didnt know how to drive, or was just F'ing with you..

take it to the track an find out man... its cheap.. and fun
Old 10-26-2008, 08:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my buddy's watched me race, we was going down i65 or 95 i cant remember north. He pulled up on me and we took off all i know is my car is rebuilt with those mods externally. I have no clue what is done to it internally but if i had my car next to other stock lt1s and my cam seems lumpy, it doesnt sound like its a hot cam but it doesn't sound stock
Old 10-26-2008, 08:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

my buddy's watched me race, we was going down i65 or 95 i cant remember north. He pulled up on me and we took off all i know is my car is rebuilt with those mods externally. I have no clue what is done to it internally but if i had my car next to other stock lt1s and my cam seems lumpy, it doesnt sound like its a hot cam but it doesn't sound stock
if you pulled an srt8.. and he was driving the car to its potential.. you definately have at the very least a cam.. that just wouldnt happen..

youll never know unless you take it to the track..
Old 10-26-2008, 08:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

that makes me feel better, i mean i assummed it was a WOT race. I saw him coming a distance away, so i gave it gas so when he got to me we'd be pulling the same speeds. I was just about to shift down to 4th when he matted it, he pulled me by a car in the process since he got the jump on me. 4th at 80 was a bad shift point but third would of almost been the redline so once i got up a into the higher revs i blew past him. My friend about **** himself it was a good race best one I ever had. I almost thought he have me but we pulled evn for a second then i went around him. We'd of kept going but traffic infront of us. so i shut her down at 130
Old 10-26-2008, 09:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

:d....
Old 10-26-2008, 11:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I raced a charger up to 80 in my formula before i had exhaust done and my front bumper was at his rear tire. He had an exhaust to. I think the chargers are overrated.

But that was a daytona so im not sure if it had the "big" hemi or not.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by IronOutlaw
I raced a charger up to 80 in my formula before i had exhaust done and my front bumper was at his rear tire. He had an exhaust to. I think the chargers are overrated.

But that was a daytona so im not sure if it had the "big" hemi or not.
the daytonas only have a 5.7 in them and they are pigs...

the srt8s are quick cars.. they will walk away from a stock ls1 pretty easily at highway speeds..
Old 10-26-2008, 11:22 PM
12 Second Club

Your horsepower - 230 to 250 at the wheels.
Your estimated 1/4 - 13.8 - 14.2 @ 99 - 102

Heres what you do, take a bet with your in law for $500 dollers saying not only will you run under a 15, you'll run under a 14.5.

Take his money, then by him a beer to celebrate.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by InEEdSPEED
Your horsepower - 230 to 250 at the wheels.
Your estimated 1/4 - 13.8 - 14.2 @ 99 - 102

Heres what you do, take a bet with your in law for $500 dollers saying not only will you run under a 15, you'll run under a 14.5.

Take his money, then by him a beer to celebrate.
lol... sadly, +1...
Old 10-27-2008, 01:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hay lemons this whole topic got me wanting to strip my car. What do you think i could make if i lost around 200lbs or so
Old 10-27-2008, 05:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

hay lemons this whole topic got me wanting to strip my car. What do you think i could make if i lost around 200lbs or so
that would take about give or take about 1-2 tenths.. and 1-2 mph.. depending on what you wanted to take off and how much you have already taken off, it is VERY easy to cut off 300lbs or so from factory.. that isnt noticeable..

my race weight (that is with me in the car,my helmet, and gas) my car is 3250.. i plan on gettig to 3100 raceweight, which would have my car at about 2900 or so... weight reduction is one of the best mods i have done to date.. its near dirt free! haha..
Old 10-28-2008, 10:07 PM
Teching In

Soooo
reading through your threads i see you think you have the fastest car in north vernon....no you dont....
second....if your racing an integra that runs 15.1...and its blake brown....he is retarded...car ran a 15.48 at best....
third go to a trak if you want to see your times...i personally would like to invite you to go with me and a few kids next year when orp opens back up....ill race you in my little ol gsr and prove that you definitely dont have the fastest car in that town....and mine wont be anywhere near the fastest....bud
Old 10-29-2008, 09:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 98gsr-t<lsx
Soooo
reading through your threads i see you think you have the fastest car in north vernon....no you dont....
second....if your racing an integra that runs 15.1...and its blake brown....he is retarded...car ran a 15.48 at best....
third go to a trak if you want to see your times...i personally would like to invite you to go with me and a few kids next year when orp opens back up....ill race you in my little ol gsr and prove that you definitely dont have the fastest car in that town....and mine wont be anywhere near the fastest....bud
troll...

come visit me...

theres always someone faster.. OP knows this.. so do i..
Old 10-29-2008, 10:20 AM
Teching In

the op does not know this believe me....
troll.....i dont think so...i have been looking for this kid for a while now
if he wants a real race...with just my little four banger...ill have a camera next year and a couple other cars from the same town that will easily hand him his *** so i guess we will see how many "kills" he has that night....
he might beat me who knows...but im bettin against him
btw the "kill" he had against a mustang is 12 different kinds of screwed up...
I can't find a single bit of truth in the whole thread he started...
I know that kid and it was an 01 mustang with a cobra jet in it and a shot of nitrous and third gear didn't even work, about a month later the motor tore a rod up and his tranny went out so now he has an iroc which he is wanting to race this kid again in
Old 10-29-2008, 10:22 AM
Teching In

I got respect for kids who know what they are doing and build their cars and such and don't go around telling people how fast their car is but decline races when they know they will lose
this kid bought the car as it sits and still has yet to do any modifications himself fyi
Old 10-29-2008, 01:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

if he wants a real race...with just my little four banger...ill have a camera next year and a couple other cars from the same town that will easily hand him his *** so i guess we will see how many "kills" he has that night....
I know that kid and it was an 01 mustang with a cobra jet in it and a shot of nitrous and third gear didn't even work, about a month later the motor tore a rod up and his tranny went out so now he has an iroc which he is wanting to race this kid again in
Dude when iraced that car it was motnhs ago it was fine then, i dont remember him having acobra jet motor cause it had a 4.6L in it with an intake that said HO i believe and yeah he had a 50shot nitrous. So i take it you drive an integra? huh and you live in north vernon what color is it. Just because i didn't do the work doesn't mean i dont know nothing. What would you of passed on my car when i only bought it $2500
Old 10-29-2008, 01:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Soooo
dude i said ihave one of the fastiest, you talk like you don't like me and i dont even know you
Old 10-29-2008, 01:26 PM
10 Second Club

Are you serious,
Old 10-29-2008, 01:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

this thread just hit the *******......

you guys are seriously betting, and getting upset of cars that arent even in the 12s..

Old 10-29-2008, 02:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i'm not im curious to see what my car will run i'm hoping for low 13s i'd be tickled to death if i hit 12s. I just wnat a guess of what i'' run

Quick Reply: What will it run