Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

What would you do with this combo?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 11:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What would you do with this combo?

I have an 08 GTO ls3 6.2 and 6l80e.

I can't swap out the stock headers as there isn't room to fit anything else. This is a converted vehicle and room is at a premium.

Currently the engine is stock but has an airbox that contains two standard air filters (it's about a 24x15x12" toolbox with large air inlets) that flow through 100mm (4") bellmouth with a straight run into the MAF. There are no restrictions in the intake side of things.

The current exhaust is 21/4" with stock cats and 21/2"Spintech mufflers.

Is it worth upgrading the cats to 21/2" or 3" with 21/2" piping and retain the Spintechs.

The Spintechs are in and out the same end as the engine is mounted facing the rear so the exhaust needs to turn 180degrees to head toward the rear.

I'm also thinking of an H pipe as I don't have room for an X pipe and it may help quieten in down a little.

What do you think the end result would be powerwise? How much do you think I would gain over the stock 430is HP.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:58 AM
TECH Resident

pics plz
Old 07-04-2013, 02:35 AM
Teching In

No pics of the current exhaust set up but here's a shot of it from above.

The engine faces the rear and the manifold has been spun 180degrees.

The air filters are in the large tool box in front of the engine.

As you can see the headers will be going toward the front of the car hence the use of the Spintechs to turn it all around and send it toward the rear.

I'm not chasing horsepower per se rather I want to make sure I get all I can without throwing it away on a poor exhaust.

Certainly the inlet side is well taken care of as it does tend to run a little lean which suggests it's getting plenty of air in.

Quick Reply: What would you do with this combo?