Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Picked up some new beer

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 07:21 PM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Picked up some new beer

Getting tired of the same old stuff, even Sam Adam's is kind of plain to my taste buds. The fiance and me have a cool little alcohol shop that sells all kinds of speciality stuff at lower prices than the regular alcohol stores around us. I decided to get some beer. The stuff is always good, easier to drink (more of a sipping beer), you dont burp, you wont get heart burn and it taste smooth; doesnt leave an after taste and it's not bitter.

I got the Utenos solely for the fact that it is made in Lithuania....support the motherland!
Attached Thumbnails Picked up some new beer-img_2190.jpg   Picked up some new beer-img_2187.jpg   Picked up some new beer-img_2186.jpg   Picked up some new beer-img_2185.jpg   Picked up some new beer-img_2184.jpg  

Old 07-05-2009, 07:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I toured ommegang's brewery in cooperstown, ny. Pretty neat, some of there stuff was decent, a lot of it was not so good. Not much of a beer drinker here but i did enjoy the tour.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

aren't they liquor stores?? wth is an alcohol strore... lololo.. Joe you are too fn funny..
Old 07-05-2009, 08:48 PM
Humanitarian

I didnt know how to spell liquor and I didnt want to open Microsoft Word to use the spell check..... being lazy.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

We have one of these places in Doylestown. You walk in and just grab a empty six pack container which are piled up in the windows. Then you just pick what you want. I think they give you 10% off if you get six. Ive done it a few times. I really like trying beers you don't see everyday. It usually runs me between 12-15 bucks, but its defitenly worth it. Plus the bar that owns the six pack shop sells some of the same ones in the bar for double. Someone bought a round once and it was 8 dollars a beer lol.
Old 07-05-2009, 09:53 PM
12 Second Club

I wish I could find that stuff out here. I might have to get online and see if I can order it... You sound like the same type of beer drinker I am and described a lot of the stuff I experience w/ some beers... So i'm pretty sure I'd like this stuff.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:03 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ImpalaSSpeed96
I wish I could find that stuff out here. I might have to get online and see if I can order it... You sound like the same type of beer drinker I am and described a lot of the stuff I experience w/ some beers... So i'm pretty sure I'd like this stuff.
pretty sure you cant buy beer online dood
Old 07-05-2009, 10:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Joe "Preachers Sheets" DIESO
I didnt know how to spell liquor and I didnt want to open Microsoft Word to use the spell check..... being lazy.
Two words: Mozilla Firefox.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:02 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Joe "Preachers Sheets" DIESO
I got the Utenos solely for the fact that it is made in Lithuania....support the motherland!
First fellow Lithuanian I have met on an automotive website. Cheers.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:21 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Dimitri-
pretty sure you cant buy beer online dood
U can because I know people that have yuengling shipped. Unfortunately for me they don't ship this far west.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:23 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by motoo344
We have one of these places in Doylestown. You walk in and just grab a empty six pack container which are piled up in the windows. Then you just pick what you want. I think they give you 10% off if you get six. Ive done it a few times. I really like trying beers you don't see everyday. It usually runs me between 12-15 bucks, but its defitenly worth it. Plus the bar that owns the six pack shop sells some of the same ones in the bar for double. Someone bought a round once and it was 8 dollars a beer lol.
Where is it in Doylestown?? I hate all the beer stores around here. They have a terrible selection and you can't buy cases smaller than 24.

I like the Ommegang and the Duvel. Haven't had the others. Report back!
Old 07-06-2009, 06:15 AM
9 Second Club

I love the Duvel.
My favorite is Brooklyn Lager Dark Chocolate Stout but not in the summertime, strictly a winter brew.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:15 AM
Humanitarian

Originally Posted by Bull
First fellow Lithuanian I have met on an automotive website. Cheers.

When the store owner told me where the Duevel was from I just had to pick two of them up.

The Ommegang comes light in color, medium carbonation and it holds its head for quite some time. The aroma is light and sweet. The smell of the aroma is brought out more so after 2 or 3 sips when you finally are able to recognize the entire range of tastes. It is a light bodied beer and the sour, sweet and bitter light accents stood out most to me. I am surprised it tasted like it did since the beer was so light. The taste does linger for a bit and it is a “dry” beer.

The Deuvel……..I like it a bunch! This beer is dark. The carbonation is very light almost non existent. The aroma is nice and moderate. I felt like I could sense malty and nut scents. The body is medium and the flavor has an earth taste to it. The taste does not linger at all and disappears after a second. Unlike the Ommegang the scent is fully recognized without tasting and the taste itself fully recognized after a sip instead of 2 or 3. I drank this better and enjoy the taste more than wanting to drink it. It was a shame to empty this bottle and I’ll definitely buy a lot more.

Last edited by Joe "Preachers Sheets" DIESO; 07-06-2009 at 07:48 AM.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:20 AM
TECH Junkie

Joe, now that you have a fiance, you should be drinking wine.....way better for you, and you won't be farting as much while sleeping next to her in bed after drinking all those weird *** brand beers... "This Bud's for you." Best wishes. WJ
Old 07-06-2009, 07:48 AM
Humanitarian

Those weird *** brand beers are the Bud, Sam Adams and Miller of Europe and they taste alot better, dont make you fart and get your drunk PRONTO. Europe is gay but they do their beer right.

Wine....oh man you have no idea. We picked up another 7 bottles last night. Our little store has all of the hard to find stuff that is really good and the average cost is between 8.00 and 12.00 for what we buy. I could never buy wine at a liqour store again, they dont have anything good to chose from and everything costs so much more.

The fiance is more into the wine, she has been to Cali to check out the valleys and stuff. I feel like such an odd ball when we go to our store; they always pour like 8+ wines to taste from and I'm like "good" or "nah" or "yaaaaay" or "this kicks ***" while Michelle and the counter person start talking specifics. Whatever, I just drink the wine for the free buzz at the store while I pick out my beers.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:00 AM
TECH Junkie

Joe, if you ever see it down around your way, try some beers coming out of Wachusett Brewery. Its a beer company up here in Westminster, Ma., not far from Mt. Wachusett. Their product is good...becoming very popular, and also on tap at many good restaurants around New England. I pretty much am a wine drinker now, ever since having the zipper installed in my chest...Buy American. WJ
Old 07-06-2009, 08:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Call me dumb but I thought Duvel was from Belgium.
Those beers are referred to as "abbey" style beer. Most are from Belguim and France has a similiar one.
Dudes near Philly drive to the Pa /de line on 95 and get off at Namans road and go to Total Wine you can buy just about any beer in any amount.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by stevethepirate
Where is it in Doylestown?? I hate all the beer stores around here. They have a terrible selection and you can't buy cases smaller than 24.

I like the Ommegang and the Duvel. Haven't had the others. Report back!
West Oakland St I believe. If you are standing in front of the GAP and then walk to Stephanies and then walk past chicos and make a left around the corner its down the block. Its very small, you will notice all the empty six packs in the window and I believe they have some neon signs in the window.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:35 AM
11 Second Club

Some of my favorite Beers:

Arrogant Bastard - Stone Brewing
90 Min & 120 Min IPA - Dogfishhead Brewing Co. - DE
Steele Rail Ale - Berkshire Brewing Co. - MA
Harpoon IPA - Harpoon Brewery - MA
Smuttynose IPA - Smuttynose Brewery - NH

There's more but those are a few good ones to try, be careful though they are all 6-9% alcohol, the 90min IPA is 9.7% and the 120 Min IPA is 22%, they can put a hurting on you quick!
Old 07-06-2009, 11:16 AM
10 Second Club

Received 221 Likes on 120 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Ah, a Beer thread...

My favorites.

Dead Horse Ale - Moab, Utah - only available in the surrounding states.
Fat Tire is good too. From Colorado, but I have found as far east as Illinois
LongBoard Lager - Kona brewing.

Funny how my favorite beers I cant get here. Perhaps that's why I like them?

Kinda like the hot piece of *** down the street - I'm sure I'd be sick of her **** after a while too.