Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

need tuner who can tune an A4 car NJ area

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 08:25 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need tuner who can tune an A4 car NJ area

Im looking for a tuner in NJ area who has experience tuning A4 cars. I had the car dynoed and tuned but the drivability is not right. The car does not shift correctly and it has some idle issues. The person that did the dyno and tune did a good job, but he is not local and can't spend a lot of time driving the car to dial it in is a problem. At present I'm sending the PCM back and forth to him through the mail and it just ain't working. Engine is a LS stroker with what I would call a moderate cam, AFR heads and FAST intake.

I was told that ECS in Cream Ridge NJ has a good tuner, anyone with an A4 car have any experience with them?
Old 08-29-2009, 09:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

www.raceprovenmotorsports.net

Call Fran
Old 08-29-2009, 09:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

yup i'd go see Fran....ECS doesn't like to mess with anything but vettes
Old 08-29-2009, 09:16 AM
12 Second Club

another vote for rpm.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:19 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Feel free to give me a call. We can get you straightened out.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:05 AM
Staging Lane

I took my A4 car to Julio at Cartek to replace the previous tune that my car had which I am much happier with...
Old 08-29-2009, 02:34 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by outkast6991
yup i'd go see Fran....ECS doesn't like to mess with anything but vettes
Thats NOT True ECS tunes my GTO and have done many other GM cars and trucks too.....Frank
Old 08-29-2009, 06:23 PM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I personally know quite a few tuners with very good reputations. In N.J. I would recommend Cartek.

Last edited by Firehawk441; 08-29-2009 at 06:30 PM.
Old 08-29-2009, 06:58 PM

Keep it to site sponsors guys.

Old 08-29-2009, 07:27 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by my first GTO
Thats NOT True ECS tunes my GTO and have done many other GM cars and trucks too.....Frank
yup they did wrk on my gto
Old 08-30-2009, 04:20 AM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by NJ 2002 Z28
I took my A4 car to Julio at Cartek to replace the previous tune that my car had which I am much happier with...
Originally Posted by Firehawk441
In N.J. I would recommend Cartek.

My daily driven Z28 with an A4 was last tuned by Cartek back in 2005/2006 and is still going strong and FAST...11.8s at over 113+mph with only bolt ons, no internal engine mods and no nitrous.
Cartek is on it.
Old 08-30-2009, 05:38 AM
On The Tree

Wink ''the american dream ''

Not a sponsor.

Last edited by davered00ss; 08-30-2009 at 07:38 AM.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by my first GTO
i was just going off what they told ME when they tuned my car 4 years ago. i was looking for a shop to have all my work done and he told me" we prefer not to mess with these too much because they are a pain in the a$$". i have seen a thread on here about an investor that backed out because they told them the only wanted to service vettes. again i only know what i was told. maybe things have changed
Old 08-30-2009, 08:10 AM
Launching!

Thanks, Fran I'll probably give you a call your a little over an hour away from me.

I wouldn't blame anyone for not wanting to do mechanical work on the F bodies due to the way the engine is tucked under the cowl, but I wouldn't think tuning would be a problem since the plug for the computer is very accessable LOL, and after all it is an LS motor the same motor in the vette or GTO.

I understand that the site want's to promote sponsors, but alot of the sponsors on this site, especially for something like this, where I need the individual/hands on service, are to far away, and just because a person is a sponsor doesn't mean that their any good (no offense to any sponsors, since 99% of the sponsors I have dealt with on the site have been outstanding), but rules are rules. You guys can PM me with non sponsors sevice, or if that's not allowed PM me and I'll give you my e-mail address.

I would like to find someone withing a 1/2 hour to an hour of Mt. Holly NJ. The car needs to be worked on when the engine is cold because I am having a problem there. If I have to drive and several hurs to get some place it will take several hours for the engine to cool down enough to experience the problem, and I would rather not leave the car, and I don't have access to a tailer, etc, etc.. Plus if I need to go back I don't have that far to go.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:02 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by camarorat

I would like to find someone withing a 1/2 hour to an hour of Mt. Holly NJ.
I work in Mt. Holly N.J. It takes 50 minutes to Cartek from there.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:34 AM

You had the car tunned once, and it's not right.

You are asking for a tunner who can solve your problems, therefore someone with a good reputation and a lot of LSX experience.

You want someone close.

Look for who is closest to you with a good reputation. Sponsors spend time on here and have reputations with the people on the boards. It is a safe bet that a site sponsor will do a great job for you.

I have seen too many hack's out there with some tunning software that say "OH yea, I can do that , I'm as good as whoever" then the screw up someone's car, and they are on here crying about it and asking for someone to fix it for them.

It is normally one of our sponsors who steps up and fixes someone elses mistakes.

I would take it to RPM or Cartek.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:49 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by davered00ss

You are asking for a tunner who can solve your problems, therefore someone with a good reputation and a lot of LSX experience.

You want someone close.

Look for who is closest to you with a good reputation. Sponsors spend time on here and have reputations with the people on the boards. It is a safe bet that a site sponsor will do a great job for you.

I have seen too many hack's out there with some tunning software that say "OH yea, I can do that , I'm as good as whoever" then the screw up someone's car, and they are on here crying about it and asking for someone to fix it for them.

It is normally one of our sponsors who steps up and fixes someone elses mistakes.

Very well said.
Old 08-30-2009, 06:46 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by davered00ss

You want someone close.

That's why I'm on here asking the question. The tuner that did the first tune has a great reputaion on this site and others, ( and he did do a good job with the initial tune and dyno) but he is not local and this car need some time spent with it to work out all the little bugs. I already sent him the PCM back once for a problem which he did correct, but there are still some small issued that need to be addressed, and I don't feel like waiting around for the next time he comes to town, and I don't feel like pulling the box and sending back to him, waiting a week, only to install it and have something else that needs attention.. I'm sure alot of people on here have had some great tunes done by non sponsors but no one can talk about them because of the rules. I have already heard very good things about the non sponsor mentioned in the earlier post so I came on here to see what others had to say about them and some of the sponsors. If I can find a sponsor to do it I will have one do it, but I want research all my options, and like I said I want someone who has a lot of A4 experience. If this car was a manual trans car there probably wouldn't be a need to have it retuned but an auto is a different story.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Call Fran at RPM in DE or TTP in NNJ. Excellent choices!
Old 08-30-2009, 07:30 PM
9 Second Club

I have used Cartek from day 1 over 10 years ago.