Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Don't use adq transmissions

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 12:01 PM
Tire Smoking Tranny Blowing Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Don't use adq transmissions

Bought a trans off them from eBay and they took forever to ship it or so they said. Did send me no invoice of shipping or nothing. I waited a week and talked to them where is it. They came back I don't know what happened but there saying it's lost or damaged. I was like ok they offered a full refund and I waited again. Just got a email there bank declined the charges. I believe this place is a scam and now I went to my bank to reverse the charges. I do hate ebay and paypal.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:03 PM

Guys name is Charles Thomas
Old 07-26-2011, 12:03 PM

And there based in NC
Old 09-13-2011, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Cool28
Bought a trans off them from eBay and they took forever to ship it or so they said. Did send me no invoice of shipping or nothing. I waited a week and talked to them where is it. They came back I don't know what happened but there saying it's lost or damaged. I was like ok they offered a full refund and I waited again. Just got a email there bank declined the charges. I believe this place is a scam and now I went to my bank to reverse the charges. I do hate ebay and paypal.
Mr. Thomas also sells on eBay under the names "adqauto", "adqautomotive", and "actconstruction". I purchased a Northstar engine from him and had the same issue with shipping; the engine did not arrive for weeks, and Mr. Thomas acted clueless. The engine finally arrived a month later, apparently the core engine from another engine swap. The engine was completely stripped and had a blown headgasket, but Mr. Thomas refused to honor his warranty to "repair or replace" the engine if it showed any faults within 25 days of receipt. EBay Buyer Protection failed to investigate, and closed the case in the seller's favor because eBay "lacked sufficient information." Heed my warning: DO NOT BUY FROM ANY OF HIS EBAY ACOOUNTS!!!!!

Mr. Thomas also does business in Kannapolis, NC under the names "ADQ" and "PDQ Automotive".

Last edited by MackTech; 09-13-2011 at 09:36 AM.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:07 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MackTech
Mr. Thomas also sells on eBay under the names "adqauto", "adqautomotive", and "actconstruction". I purchased a Northstar engine from him and had the same issue with shipping; the engine did not arrive for weeks, and Mr. Thomas acted clueless. The engine finally arrived a month later, apparently the core engine from another engine swap. The engine was completely stripped and had a blown headgasket, but Mr. Thomas refused to honor his warranty to "repair or replace" the engine if it showed any faults within 25 days of receipt. EBay Buyer Protection failed to investigate, and closed the case in the seller's favor because eBay "lacked sufficient information." Heed my warning: DO NOT BUY FROM ANY OF HIS EBAY ACOOUNTS!!!!!

Mr. Thomas also does business in Kannapolis, NC under the names "ADQ" and "PDQ Automotive".
If you're the gentleman from Florida (and you must be, since I've only had this problem with ONE person EVER), I hope the nice people at LS1Tech forums aren't buying your story. If you'd like, I could post up all our eBay and e-mail communications for everyone to see (with your permission, of course, unless there's 'some reason' why you wouldn't want that). I'm not sure what your definition of a "stripped down" motor is, but if you mean that you ordered a used motor, and I sent you a used motor, not a used motor with alternator, power steering pump, etc., then yes, I sent you exactly what you purchased. Then, when you stated you had a problem with the motor, weeks after putting it in your car (overheat, just like your last one that you bought from someone else: check your cooling system!!!), I asked you to prepare it for shipping, so we could send you a new one (even though it wasn't even our fault). You demanded thousands of dollars in "damages" over a used $800 motor (including $300.00 worth of shipping=solid deal!) instead of a replacement, filed a chargeback, lied blatantly to eBay and PayPal (and refused to give my motor back) and still had the nerve to demand I help you out. Anybody who knows anything about PayPal can tell you PayPal almost never find in favor of a seller, unless the buyer is blatantly and obviously trying to con somebody. EBay had "insufficient information" which is a nice way of saying your claim is baseless, then refused to submit required information to PayPal. You were trying to scam us for thousands of dollars. If you dispute any of these facts, I can and will gladly post our communications for everyone to make up their own minds. Please stop disparaging people who tried to do you favors and help you out repeatedly. Also, "Mister Thomas" doesn't do business under ADQauto or actconstructiononline.

Last edited by adqautomotive; 08-25-2019 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Left out what "insufficient information" really means in eBay lingo.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:23 PM
Teching In

Red face

Originally Posted by Cool28
EDIT: Look down to post #24: customer says, "Refund received!"

I believe you are the gentleman with the used 4L80E, correct? I apologize sincerely for your bad experience with our company. I also want to assure you that this is not typical, as evidenced by our many satisfied customers from Maine to California (and beyond). I also want to assure you that our bank did not decline your transaction refund. PayPal refused your refund, because of "suspicious activity" on my account. In PayPal's terms "suspicious activity" means being successful and making a lot of sales. If anybody doubts what I am saying, Google around a bit, or ask a friend who's sold through PayPal. As far as your shipping, I'm not sure how you could have been "sent no invoice of shipping or nothing" but I did immediately refund your money when you brought the problem to my attention. These type of problems are exactly why we no longer sell using eBay or PayPal and strongly discourage everyone who will listen from ever selling on eBay (or using PayPal for anything, including eBay purchases). I know I can never win you back as a customer, but I did feel it necessary to rebut the only two complaints about my company on the whole internet. Best of luck in all your future endeavors. Sincerely, "Mister Thomas". edit: I actually oversold your item due to an inventory control failure. I assure you we are not con artists, and this is more an eBay/PayPal issue than an ADQ Automotive issue, but we did also make a mistake.

Last edited by adqautomotive; 02-25-2012 at 08:54 PM.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:01 PM
11 Second Club

zero post+ new user= you are full of ****. honestly I do not believe the seller. he should prob be banned before this starts happening on here
Old 11-17-2011, 05:41 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by adqautomotive
If you're the gentleman from Florida (and you must be, since I've only had this problem with ONE person EVER), I hope the nice people at LS1Tech forums aren't buying your crap. If you'd like, I could post up all our eBay and e-mail communications for everyone to see (with your permission, of course, unless there's 'some reason' why you wouldn't want that). thank you very much.
Seriously? This thread is 2 months old. Any business person will tell you that you should have left it alone instead of resurrecting it. Now it just lets more people read it and make judgement.

Last edited by tektrans; 11-17-2011 at 05:42 PM. Reason: ...
Old 11-17-2011, 07:36 PM
12 Second Club

I smell bullshit!!!! I say call up the BBB and get the ball rolling on this dirtbag!
Old 11-17-2011, 08:29 PM
11 Second Club

Customer service at its finest. Is that all ya got?
Old 11-18-2011, 05:59 AM
9 Second Club

Sheesh......
Old 11-18-2011, 02:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CamaroSS621
Customer service at its finest. Is that all ya got?
You mean public relations? I can see this room is full of business owners. Look, I'm just saying, I didn't rip anybody off. I admit that it was my fault for overselling a product beyond my inventory. It is not, however, my fault that PayPal sucks. If you scale up too fast on PayPal its "suspicious". I no longer use PayPal or eBay inventory management, so this shouldn't ever be a problem. There's no reason for comments about how everybody should file false complaints with the BBB, or that I'm a dirtbag. I simply wanted to apologize for a negative experience one of my customers had and rebut the other. If I have problems with customers all the time, then how is it I knew exactly who these two customers were? I guess we must not have a lot of complaints. Our record speaks for itself.

Last edited by adqautomotive; 08-25-2019 at 04:17 PM.
Old 11-19-2011, 08:05 AM
9 Second Club

You mean public relations? I can see this room is full of business owners. My record speaks for itself.

Lol, you just making friends all over the place on here.
Let's have a show of hands of who will consider buying a trans from this "business owner" in the future. I'll start....

I think I speak for everyone who has wasted their time reading this when I say...
and don't come back.
Old 11-19-2011, 12:44 PM
Launching!

Why can't we all hold hands and sing Jesus songs?
Old 11-19-2011, 01:52 PM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by tektrans

I think I speak for everyone who has wasted their time reading this when I say...
and don't come back.
I can't agree with you on this one just yet. He said that he refunded the money to the OP. Without a response from him stating their hasn't been a refund, I can't pass judgement.

If he wasn't a member on this site, what type of time frame do you think it takes to eventually find out about it?
Old 11-19-2011, 10:55 PM
12 Second Club

Wow!!! The transmission guy got his refund. The engine guy's full of crap! I have plenty of positive feedback as well. Call me a dirtbag if you want, but I'm a responsible business owner, and you're what... making childish 11 year old comments on the internet like a tough guy about stuff that you have no idea about??? Wow, I guess that makes you a real cool dude. And yes, I'm a new user. Why would I be interested in advice from the posters here? I'm actually a mechanic and semi-successful business owner. There's a reason you'll find no negative reports at the BBB about me. Because I actually take care of my customers. The guy who had the issue with the transmission has a completely valid complaint about the accidental oversale. However, I don't run PayPal, and I can't make them give him anything. I'm not going to get sucked into flaming on the internet, I'm just saying, I didn't rip anybody off. The NorthStar guy has how many posts??? One, and he's full of crap. He found the only complaint about me on the entire internet and piggy-backed on it because was angry his PayPal scam went poorly and he actually had to pay for something. To the guy who said it's better to not resurrect it, thank you for the business advice, but I would respectfully refer you to every business person (or lawyer, or politician...) who's ever lived, who will tell you lack of a rebuttal is equated to an admission of guilt.
. Well let's see..... To start I'm an ASE master tech and have been a business owner myself. I've been a victim of ebay " scumbags" or dirtbags as I would call them. It's funny how you all come up with the same bs after the fact. Haven't used you myself but I can say I wouldnt put myself in the situation to get beat. Would love to hear back from the trans guy to see what the real outcome was........
Old 11-20-2011, 07:44 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Firehawk441
I can't agree with you on this one just yet. He said that he refunded the money to the OP. Without a response from him stating their hasn't been a refund, I can't pass judgement.

If he wasn't a member on this site, what type of time frame do you think it takes to eventually find out about it?
He may have in fact refunded the money, I'm sure he did.
I was more referring to his condescending posts.
I don't think the guy is a crook, just a jerk.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:14 AM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by tektrans
He may have in fact refunded the money, I'm sure he did.
I was more referring to his condescending posts.
I don't think the guy is a crook, just a jerk.
Ahhh! I see what you mean.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:31 PM
Teching In

EDIT: Look at post 24.

It would be interesting if one of the two people who had a problem in the first place would follow up on their original comments. For the record, I was not banned from eBay. EBay has an excellent track record with customers, and a terrible one with the sellers who pay all the fees. PayPal will find in favor of their buyers almost 100% of the time when there is a complaint. Under many circumstances, this is not a huge problem, since most "professional" sellers sell a large quantity of relatively inexpensive products. This becomes a problem for sellers who have average transactions of $800.00, then on top of that have to eat $300.00 in shipping. A customer could (and did, twice) purchase a motor from me, claim that it was faulty and return a completely different motor. One customer dropped a motor and sent in back in the smashed crate upside down, and one disassembled a 4.0L Jeep engine gave up and sent it back in pieces. Short of travelling to the buyer's home jurisdiction and suing them, there was nothing I could do. Also, PayPal has a bad habit of suspending accounts, with cash in them, for "suspicious behavior". This behavior includes withdrawing funds or keeping a low balance (what?????), transferring money that has been received to another PayPal account, such as purchasing an item with PayPal funds that were originally received through a PayPal sale (huh???), or high transaction volume (so you don't want me to make money?). PayPal and EBay did not always behave this way. None of what I am saying here is a secret. If you Googled around a bit, you could certainly find many similar complaints. Googling my name, however, gets one valid complaint. It's also interesting to note that Google Checkout and my merchant processor have had zero problems with me. And yes, I did get a little bit irritated when people rolled into this room passing judgement and name-calling like children instead of having an intelligent discussion and looking for the truth. If you don't want to be treated like an ignoramus, don't act like one. I still have faith that you're the minority, and that others will see your comments and realize that you have no idea what you're talking about. As to the guy who thinks I'm a "jerk", maybe I was annoyed, or maybe you're right, but... If you spend all your time avoiding jerks, you'll have precious few places left to shop, and fewer still commercial products to buy. I happen to think the GM executives are jerks. Still buying the 2012 Camaro, and still wishing I could reasonably afford the tire-smoking package and make those jerks just a little bit richer.

Last edited by adqautomotive; 02-25-2012 at 09:06 PM.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:39 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BOTTLEFEDSS
. Well let's see..... To start I'm an ASE master tech and have been a business owner myself. I've been a victim of ebay " scumbags" or dirtbags as I would call them. It's funny how you all come up with the same bs after the fact. Haven't used you myself but I can say I wouldnt put myself in the situation to get beat. Would love to hear back from the trans guy to see what the real outcome was........
Have you ever thought that you keep hearing the same thing because... it's true? That's usually what causes consistent information; the fact that it's the truth. EBay and PayPal are absurd. Also, your purchase is covered by EBay buyer protection, PayPal buyer protection, AND your own credit card's chargeback program. How would someone "beat" you on a sale? I can't speak for the other people you've dealt with, but I can tell you that PayPal held my funds for 21 days after the sale and won't refund fees for buyer protection cases. That's plenty of time to get your money back, and sort of leaves me no incentive to screw you over, since I'd be the one who got screwed.

Quick Reply: Don't use adq transmissions