Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Central Pa.-Need a motor rebuilt

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2016, 08:14 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Central Pa.-Need a motor rebuilt

I have a 99 ls1 Trans Am i have owned and driven since 2000. Recently bought new rims, tires, shocks, brakes, headers, cat y pipe exhaust and alp intake. Anyway its still a driver but thinking I may as well consider a rebuild now before installing the headers. Just over 100,000 miles on near stock setup.

Looking for someone in/near the central pa (Camp hill-just outside Harrisburg) to do the work. Maybe a member her or ill take a suggestion on shops just the same. Only really looking to be 400-500 HP and keep the car as a driver.

If a member here interested please email me at ron@northernskylighting.com
just looking for the motor rebuild as I have no garage and would like to do soon-ish
If any shop suggestions please let me know
Old 05-12-2016, 11:46 AM
Self-Admitted Scammer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Josh @ JS Performance in bensalem, PA did a fantastic job for me. I put 6 years of HARD service on it and sold it running just like the day it was built. Works out nice cash deals too. Tell him Steve with the green SS sent you.

http://www.jsspeedandcustom.com/
Old 07-14-2016, 09:44 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Look up rapid motorsports. One of the original ls shops and very good people.
Old 07-20-2016, 02:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 228 Likes on 153 Posts

Look up A_VAS. He's a member here and is in Boiling Springs, Pa.
Old 08-13-2016, 10:40 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is rapiad still building cars or is he tuning? last i heard he was tuning for a couple shops around the area. he is good if he's still doing it.
I know mikey was using ray barton to do some of his short block work years ago and I know they know what there doing. they are in robesonia pa. couple other shops on here that are really good to.
Old 08-13-2016, 03:55 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Not sure to be honest but I know his reputation was solid and he was in PA.

If the OP has the engine out he could bring it to Khel-tech in North Haven or Carl Quist in Watertown CT and either could absolutely do it and do a great job, those are the 2 engine shops in CT I have experience with, L&L in Michigan I personally use for my big block stuff....

A lot of place around just make sure you feel comfortable with them is the main thing and if you can get people with their work to talk to, there's most likely going to be an obvious good or bad that will show up pretty quick to help make the decision.

Quick Reply: Central Pa.-Need a motor rebuilt