Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

expediting title issuance for NY state vehicles?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 12:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default expediting title issuance for NY state vehicles?

I recently imported my vehicle to New York State from Canada.

Is it possible to expedite the new title issuance? I know you can expedite title re-issues, but not sure about new title issues.

I cannot seem to get a clear answer on this, and everytime I called the DMV they are busy.

I need to sell the car, and I do not believe I can sell it without the title?
Old 11-13-2016, 10:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by paradigmGT
I recently imported my vehicle to New York State from Canada.

Is it possible to expedite the new title issuance? I know you can expedite title re-issues, but not sure about new title issues.

I cannot seem to get a clear answer on this, and everytime I called the DMV they are busy.

I need to sell the car, and I do not believe I can sell it without the title?

Your best option is to get the title reissued from Canada.
Old 11-13-2016, 10:48 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bad_408_vert
Your best option is to get the title reissued from Canada.
I already have the title from Canada, but I am importing the car to NY and getting a NY state title issued for it.. problem is that this process can take up to 90 days, and I am trying to expedite it.

I need the title to sell the car, and I really don't want to have to wait up to 90 days.
Old 11-14-2016, 07:27 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by paradigmGT
I already have the title from Canada, but I am importing the car to NY and getting a NY state title issued for it.. problem is that this process can take up to 90 days, and I am trying to expedite it.

I need the title to sell the car, and I really don't want to have to wait up to 90 days.
sorry I misunderstood.

I recently went through title issues and my experience I recommend calling DMV support center at 8:30 est because that's right when they are available to take calls.

If you are first one to call, you are getting someone who is just starting their day.
Old 11-14-2016, 07:53 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bad_408_vert
sorry I misunderstood.

I recently went through title issues and my experience I recommend calling DMV support center at 8:30 est because that's right when they are available to take calls.

If you are first one to call, you are getting someone who is just starting their day.
Ill try them at 9am this morning, the title department doesn't open until then. You are right about availability though, trying later in the day is useless and you can never get through.
Old 11-14-2016, 08:16 AM
On The Tree

Spoke with the NY DMV and they are very backlogged in issuing titles. They mentioned they are only looking at applications from mid September right now, and I applied for this title towards the end of October. There is also no real way to rush it, however the representative did state that he has requested information on it, although that doesn't guarantee anything.

Quick Reply: expediting title issuance for NY state vehicles?