Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

IHRA peckerheads....

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2004, 08:32 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know the rule sucks, but remember one thing, those "peckerheads" are looking out for your best interest.
Old 11-19-2004, 08:39 AM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's all about the insurance. We spend more on our cars so they can get cheaper premiums. If they were really worried about us, we would all be running cages no matter what the car was, neck braces and 5 point seat belts.

They should be making older cars convert to better brakes, install better safety restraints and also install cages. I would prefer to get into an accident in my car doing 100 than one of those old death traps doing 60.

Sure, they care to a point about our safety but this is probaly more about their $$$ pockets than anything.
Old 11-19-2004, 04:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, Big Mike....They've changed it already to 12.20...... Bet they'll be right with NHRA come spring. They REALLY CARE about our safety.....Right. You have a cage in your cement truck?? WJ
Old 11-19-2004, 06:30 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Mike
I know the rule sucks, but remember one thing, those "peckerheads" are looking out for your best interest.
I've seen this type answer allot on many other boards & this is the 1st time I'll reply.

So that would mean all cars that come from the factory that can run that quick should come with built in cages or else the driver is at risk of injury?

I don't think so.

It's a conspiricy with the parts mfrs to sell more parts to drag racers!

Quick Reply: IHRA peckerheads....