Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

A quick stocker....

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 09:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A quick stocker....

My friend's 425hp Hemi SR/T 8 Charger finally arrived about 2 weeks ago. After a bout w/some bad weather,and a couple of hundred break-in miles, I got to put this thing thru it's paces. This is a VERY impressive car. I'd say it's a real low 13 sec. ride at the track dead stock, w/the street Goodyear F-1 type tires. W/just a pr. of MT ET Street radials--high 12's easily. This car really pulls thru the mid range and has the big ***** on the top end. When a computer tune-edit program becomes available for these things, along w/ a good aftermkt. exhaust and a couple of rear suspension pieces, they'll be banging out high 11's easily w/the stock rear axle ratio. (not sure, but 3.29's, I think...) That's real impressive for a 4,000 lb. + sled. Paint finish and leather gut are both 1st class, without lots of cheap-looking dashboard and interior plastic. This car has Mercedes-Benz underpinnings, and more quality than I've seen out of Chrysler in a long time. Dodge has got their **** together on this 4 door-that-looks-like-a-2 door car for well under $40k...and you all know that I'm a lifelong GM guy! WJ