Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

HELP: I need a throttle body blade screw

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 01:10 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Default HELP: I need a throttle body blade screw

I had one of my throttle body blade screws strip out, so I had to drill it to get it out, but now I need a new screw and can't find a replacement.

For clarification, it is the two screws that actually hold the throttle body blade to the shaft on the inside of the throttle body. I've gone to the dealer: no luck. I went to parts stores, no luck, it's some special thread with a taper'd head on it. I can't even find a screw with a correct thread on it.

If anyone knows where I can buy one, or has an old throttle body with a screw they can mail my way, please let me know. It sucks that the car is down because of a freaking 30 cent screw. And no, I don't want to just buy a new throttle body, as the dealer told me.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:48 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If its the 3.5mm x 0.6 tapered seat T-15 head, I have one sitting on my desk . Let me know if you want it.

Nick
Old 05-11-2007, 07:13 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Originally Posted by Nick@HSW
If its the 3.5mm x 0.6 tapered seat T-15 head, I have one sitting on my desk . Let me know if you want it.

Nick
OH HELL YES!!!! I talked to someone at your shop today and they said unfortunately they didn't have any.

Any chance you guys are still there, how about tomorrow morning???? It's driving me crazy that my car is down from a 3.5mm 0.6 screw. I'm just down the road from you guys in Doylestown.

Edit: I should have checked this earlier. Oh well, I'll give you a guys tomorrow. Worst case scenario, I'll stop in Monday or Tuesday after work. Thanks guys.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:50 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Much thanks to Harris Speed Works for their rapid response. They helped me get back on the road quickly.