Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

D.C. People Help with Ticket...

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 11:13 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D.C. People Help with Ticket...

I was visting the gf about two weeks ago in D.C. while she was down there for temp project for her company. I got hit with a speeding ticket from a camera in a tunnel ( never knew there was such a thing) anyway in Philly I know if it hasn't been calibrated in the last 6months it automatically gets thrown out. My question is does it work the same in D.C.? Would I have to show up in court to point that out?
Old 05-30-2007, 08:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike00
I was visting the gf about two weeks ago in D.C. while she was down there for temp project for her company. I got hit with a speeding ticket from a camera in a tunnel ( never knew there was such a thing) anyway in Philly I know if it hasn't been calibrated in the last 6months it automatically gets thrown out. My question is does it work the same in D.C.? Would I have to show up in court to point that out?
I don't know what to tell you, but my brother gets a lawyer to fight every ticket he or anyone in the family gets. He's done this in NY, Philly, and Baltimore areas. He's been able to get off without points on his insurance every time, also gotten the fines reduced and he's never had to appear in court.

With the tickets in Baltimore his lawyer was able to file for a probation type deal where the violation is tossed if the operator doesn't get another violation in the following "X" months.

In Boston we have lots of tunnels. I was always worried that the ceiling would collapse, now I also have to worry about cameras.