Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

I learned a expensive lesson today

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 05:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I learned a expensive lesson today

Don't do a wheelie if you lowered your bike and haven't relocated your license plate to the side of the bike

When I did the wheelie the plate bracket hit and got sucked right out of the under tail in between the tire and the subframe. The rear wheel locked up in mid air and I skidded 200 feet to a stop. I've done probably 100 wheelies on this bike since i've owned it and I never thought this would of happened.

Here's my under tail where the brackets pulled right off

Rear fender is cracked to ****

Old 06-07-2007, 06:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

wow, that sucks, glad u made it out. i cant do wheelies however the brackets i have would bend most likely the plate up instead of down towards the wheel.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:21 PM
11 Second Club

That sucks Marco... when you say you skidded 200ft. do you mean just the back locked up and you held the bike straight or you put it down on it's side? 200ft is a long *** way to skid, what were you doing 135mph? Must be a sturdy bracket, my plate is only held on by two small allen head bolts.

eBay is your friend in this case for sure.. some pretty good deals usually!

I think the plate looks cool like that though.. just get a new inspection sticker! My plate has some battle scars itself from my old CBR900 and doing a long burnout until the tire blew!!