Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Forged 383 LT1 FS

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 06:30 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thumbs up Forged 383 LT1 FS

For Sale:

Forged 383 LT1- Originally built by Nu-tekmotorsports; ready to run, just needs a car!

Good afternoon folks.

I have basically parted out my entire car featured here.....

http://www.fbody.com/timeslips/member.cgi?id=560

PICS: My photo hosting site is down I can email, pm if seriously interested.

Location: Connecticut; willing to deliver with in state if the price is right, will freight ship if buyer is willing to pay. OR just pick up.

I am running LS1 cars now and this block has done my quite proudly. There was a time where I wanted to own another one so I kept the block. Now I have decided to stay with the LS1 so I have now decided to sell it.

The block made by Nick Norris over at nu-tekmotorsports back in the Spring of 2003 when they were still in biz. I have the complete build sheet, specs and part list.

I just finished refreshing the block with new rod, cam, and main cap bearings. Also I have put in new rings. We also ran a ball hone through her, she looks mint!! I used all the parts that originally came with it. The build sheet gives the parts # for summit racing. I have gapped the rings to spec. The block didn’t need it but as you would see in my trader ranking, I sell quality stuff, buy with confidence.

This block was a 1994 LT1, so basically follow your changes for any other yr LT1.

To give a quick run through of what it is.... oh the block has roughly 10k on the internals, run N/A, and designed to have with mild milled heads and a LT head gasket 11.25 to 1 Comp ratio, your DCR will depend on your setup. ** I would not recommend this as a blower/turbo motor UNLESS your going to run a UN MILLED TFS head the comp would be comparible to stock, hence you can push it more**

Parts

Nu-tekmotorsports 383 Cubic Inch LT1
SRP -16cc dish Forged Pistons
Speed Pro rings
6" Eagle H-beam rods
3.75" Callies Dragon Slayer crank (4340 Chromoly Steel)
Splayed 4 bolt main caps
Clearanced and spec perfect.
ALL ARP Bolts and studs.

When the block was originally machined it was bored 0.030" over, Torque plate honed, and aligned honed, and internally balanced

This block is similar to Golen's 383 Competition's 383 but in my opinion better pistons and crank, Also Splayed caps over the 2 bolt mains.

They want 3600 + Shipping which with freight to freight shipping could be at LEAST 100-200$ depending on the carrier and rates. So your talking at least 3800

This block is more or less new, ready to run, slap on a LE3 kit and go run some times.

I am pretty firm, willing to negotiate. *Price lowered*
$2,800 + shipping Cash or Bank Check, NO pay pal

Willing to deliver depending on the location of buyer. Shipping quotes REQUIRE an address that takes FREIGHT shipping, buy assumes cost for residential shipping (which is NOT cheap)

** Also, I can throw in a few extra items like a Lunati single timing chain (2k miles on it), LT1(stock replacement) lifters (perfect) 8k miles. ARP head bolts, Depending on the buyer.

PM for SERIOUS inquires, ill help you the best I can, thanks!

Trader Ranking: Buy with confidence

https://ls1tech.com/forums/itrader.php?u=40069
Old 02-21-2008, 08:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow thats a good deal there for a lt1 person
Old 02-21-2008, 08:17 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Heck yea, its a steal. Getting married, dont really need it. Need money for mods!!