Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Who would trade there SOM Camaro & Durango for a Infinity G35?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 11:08 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talking

Originally Posted by Zturd
Who would trade there SOM Camaro & Durango for a Infinity G35?
Not me, no way, not eva!
Old 03-28-2008, 11:09 PM
10 Second Club

Wink

Originally Posted by Kenny H
FWIW let him know the G35 coupe does come with a tampon in the glove box from the factory....yes I am serious.
Wrong!

Comes with two of them.
Old 03-28-2008, 11:11 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by mikep2002
See that Bruce, 1 day at sonic without you and its gone to his head.
See what you did Bruce!!! This is your fault I hold you personally responsible!!!!!!!!! Oh the humanity!!!1!!!!!11!!!!!!!one!!!!!!!!
Old 03-28-2008, 11:38 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Reidonly
See what you did Bruce!!! This is your fault I hold you personally responsible!!!!!!!!! Oh the humanity!!!1!!!!!11!!!!!!!one!!!!!!!!

Wait are you the one thinking of doing this? And to think I just bought parts from you. HAHAHAHA
Old 03-29-2008, 07:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I myself would denitiely not trade any LS1 fbody for any foriegn car. If you're looking at a G35 I think you might as well go all the way and buy a Vette.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

do you really wanna drive a car the amish buggies can keep up with?
Old 03-29-2008, 09:11 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That car has a V6 and barely gets better fuel economy than the LS1! The F-Body does have a horrible interior but loose the Dookrango and get a Civic. Keep the Z
Old 03-29-2008, 11:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by VIP1
...lobs grenade....
The G35 is a nicer car than the f-body and Durango combined!
...runs for cover...
If running high 13s at best in a $35k car thats very impractical with a tiny trunk and a kiddie sized back seat is nice to you, than yes you are correct.

Do a quick search on some of the G35/350Z forums and see how many of those guys have tranny problems and are dealing with a slew of minor gremlins like crappy door locks/window motors etc.

And check the gas mileage. The 330 hp VQ that the Infiniti nut hangers love so much actually gets worse mileage on the highway than the LS2 while giving up SEVENTY+ horsepower.

Did I forget to mention the VQ is physically larger as well?

So lets see the G35 isn't very quick, in fact a basic V6 Toyota Camry is less that a half-second off its heels in the 1/4 mile. Its very small inside, a 10 year-old would be uncomfortable in that back seat. It doesn't get great gas mileage, tons of BMW 335I owners are reporting mileage well into the high 20s in mixed driving while Infiniti drivers dream of that. Other than sleek styling and being able to tell name-drop fans that you have an Infiniti, I'm not sure I'm seeing where a G35/G37 coupe is that great?

It cracks me up to hear people promote cars like this as far as performance goes. OOOO a couple magazines got them to run 13.7-13.8. Ford's Mustang Cobra ran that in '93 along with well driven LT1 cars. Somehow Infiniti is looked upon as a industry leader in performance yet they are lagging behind a performance bar that was set 15 years ago. Color me impressed.

FWIW a close friend of mine had a 600+ RWHP Kenne Bell Cobra that had an up close and personal meeting with a house. He then got a G35 and liked it at first, than got sick of it. He tells me all the time he misses the feel/sound of a V8 and is not itching to get into an SRT8 car.

If you want something nicer than an FBody and you want to have just one vehicle and not too, I understand that. But don't get the Infiniti. I'd strongly suggest a 300SRT8 or Charger SRT8. For an SUV look at the TB SS or Jeep SRT8. Don't forget to check out the G8 GTs. They are HUGE inside.

Last edited by Kenny H; 03-29-2008 at 11:56 AM.
Old 03-29-2008, 11:55 AM
Launching!

I don't recall where anyone said I was doing it because I "thought it was faster", which is always everyones immediate response on a car forum for saying not to get a specific car. You obviously can't beat the pure *****-per-dollar of an LS1 (there's no denying that) lol, but sometimes you get a car for reasons beyond flat out horsepower.

Bruce just made this thread to bust my ***** about it lol.
Old 03-29-2008, 12:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't recall where anyone said I was doing it because I "thought it was faster", which is always everyones immediate response on a car forum for saying not to get a specific car. You obviously can't beat the pure *****-per-dollar of an LS1 (there's no denying that) lol, but sometimes you get a car for reasons beyond flat out horsepower.

Bruce just made this thread to bust my ***** about it lol.
If you really are considering the G35, I think you should atleast look at the G8, the SRT8 cars and the BMW 335I.

And Bruce takes it in the ***, he has for 4 years.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:13 PM
Launching!

If you really are considering the G35, I think you should atleast look at the G8, the SRT8 cars and the BMW 335I.

I want something nicer, but I also am not rich. I will never buy a brand new car, as you will always lose money as soon as you drive off the lot. So the G8 and 335i are out, not to mention the Bimmer STARTS at $40K (aka WELL out of my price range). The Dodges are just huge and I don't want a huge car. Also, a manual tranny is high on my priority list, so that is another reason to count out the Dodges and the G8 for now. The G35 coupe just hits a lot of points for me, and the overall styling and they are also pretty fun, having 298hp, 6-spd manual tranny, and LSD rear.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:48 PM
Teching In

I think there's a card slot where you insert your man card before entering.

Old 03-29-2008, 11:13 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 143 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Do a quick search on some of the G35/350Z forums and see how many of those guys have tranny problems and are dealing with a slew of minor gremlins like crappy door locks/window motors etc.
Sounds like a lot of people on here too....

And check the gas mileage. The 330 hp VQ that the Infiniti nut hangers love so much actually gets worse mileage on the highway than the LS2 while giving up SEVENTY+ horsepower.
I normally get 13-15mpg around town and 20mpg on the highway. The G35 can't be any worse than that.

Its very small inside, a 10 year-old would be uncomfortable in that back seat.
I can get in the back. I'm 5'10, 185lbs. Although my head does hit the glass.

I'm not sure I'm seeing where a G35/G37 coupe is that great?
Better build quality. Nicer interior. More "grown-up" feel. Better ride. Its beautiful.

It cracks me up to hear people promote cars like this as far as performance goes. OOOO a couple magazines got them to run 13.7-13.8.
I made no mention of it being faster. I just said that it was a better car. Its all subjective.

If you want something nicer than an FBody and you want to have just one vehicle and not too, I understand that. But don't get the Infiniti. I'd strongly suggest a 300SRT8 or Charger SRT8. For an SUV look at the TB SS or Jeep SRT8. Don't forget to check out the G8 GTs. They are HUGE inside.
I'd rather have an Audi. My younger brother has an 2004 Audi S4. He's got me thinking of an S5 (I prefer a coupe). Although its a bit expensive. Maybe a used one in a few years. The new Audi TT coupe is nice. And the price isn't too bad either.... but its a bit small.
Old 03-29-2008, 11:27 PM

lets see, trade 2 cars one being an F-Body, for a smaller, lighter, slower and ugly'er car.......WTF? I cant quite fathom this un-justifying ordeal. How do you go from american muscle to a RICE!!!?.....i converted from rice to muscle and quite frankly it is the best thing i have done in my LIFE, lol. Some one sit him down and show him the numbers by the book, G35 is such a BITCH mobile.....SORRY had to be said!!!!
Old 03-30-2008, 01:06 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ben2000SS
lets see, trade 2 cars one being an F-Body, for a smaller, lighter, slower and ugly'er car.......WTF? I cant quite fathom this un-justifying ordeal. How do you go from american muscle to a RICE!!!?.....i converted from rice to muscle and quite frankly it is the best thing i have done in my LIFE, lol. Some one sit him down and show him the numbers by the book, G35 is such a BITCH mobile.....SORRY had to be said!!!!
Once again, who said anything about this having to do with speed or power? No one has said anything about the G35 being able to dyno more horsepower or run quicker ETs. Seriously people... there is no intent for it to be a race car. And as for the rice comment, its not like I'm buying a '91 CRX with underbody neons and Pep Boys shift **** lol.
Old 03-30-2008, 01:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

What the FUG Kenny?? You get me drunk one time at band camp and now i take it in the *** all the time for 4year now WTF!!!!!

I thought the fuel economy would be better on the infiniti but bummer there huh!! Its a sad day boys its a sad day
Old 03-30-2008, 01:17 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Zturd
What the FUG Kenny?? You get me drunk one time at band camp and now i take it in the *** all the time for 4year now WTF!!!!!
There was also that time you got drunk and fell ***-first onto a C6 Z06 shifter... but we try to forget about that one!!!!
Old 03-30-2008, 11:54 AM
On The Tree

IF I had A SOM Car I would not trade it for anything other then another SOM car that is faster and built better this guy is a chode and a disgrace to every member on this forum
Old 03-30-2008, 01:07 PM
Teching In

You'll love the G, it's a much nicer car, and it doesn't look like a door wedge going down the road.

Hell, I would sell a crapmaro if I owned one just because of how the members of this forum act.

Nope, the G isn't faster, nope, it doesn't get the same fuel mileage. Maybe Reid doesn't care about that. Foreign cars have the dumbmestics asses kicked build wise every day of the week.

Hell Reid, if you want to build a car for taking to the drag strip later on down the road, I'll help you put a little ol' 4 cyl jap crapper together that will embarasses most of the people in this thread at the drag strip, and do the same on the street.

How's that 10 sec pass coming Bruce. I'll still trade you some MPH for some 60'.
Old 03-30-2008, 01:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

There was also that time you got drunk and fell ***-first onto a C6 Z06 shifter... but we try to forget about that one!!!!
I remember that, blood everywhere....

No wonder why Bruce uses tons of armorall on his shifter to keep it 'moist'