Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Lil problem...What you guys think?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 04:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Lil problem...What you guys think?

Very long story short...Bought a 94 lt1 off a member here. Had title trouble for a month with car, didnt make a stink about it. Finally purchased the car and when I was driving it home the rear lugs were loose and the tire and rim fell off the car while driving. Got car towed home. $300 tow bill plus new lugs and studs. Rim wasnt damage. Didnt make a stink about that either to the seller. Recently was changing the rims and tires cause the ones that were on there were ruining my fenders. When I was changing the rear tires and rims, noticed the rear is a stock 10 bolt rear. The car was advertised with a moser 12 bolt. The owner said he bought the rear separate and the seller told him it was a 12 bolt. So the 12 bolt being a good reason for me buying the car, I was little heated. Guy I bought it from said he thought it was a 12 bolt so basically I'm **** out of luck. WTF. What do you guys suggest I do. The post is still on here with the car advertised with a moser 12 bolt. I counted the bolts on the rear many times and there only 10. HELP
Old 07-24-2008, 04:21 PM
11 Second Club

not to sound like a smartass, but did you look at it when you bought it?
Old 07-24-2008, 04:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

man, that sucks but you gotta do some checking before you buy something like that. There is no way to mistake a 10 bolt for a 12 in one of these cars, the tubes and mounting brackets are enough to give it away.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:52 PM
Staging Lane

i looked at it b4 i bought it but i couldnt count all the bolt underneath and see it too well when i looked at it. ugh
Old 07-24-2008, 06:18 PM
12 Second Club

are you counting the bolts that hold the cover on? I thought 10 bolt was the amount of bolts on the ring gear? I dont know anything about a 12 bolt but now I am curious.
Old 07-24-2008, 06:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wait, do you mean you are counting the bolts on the differential cover? Those aren't the bolts that the rear is named for. Can you post some pics of the rear? If it was advertised as having a Moser 12 bolt rear, which is pretty expensive, and has a stock ten bolt I think you are entitled to some reimbursment.