Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

anyone have a truck/trailer in pa ..harrisburg to allentown area

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 11:26 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default anyone have a truck/trailer in pa ..harrisburg to allentown area

i'm thinking about buying this 98 firebird thats in quakertown (just south of allentown pa)...its got a bad motor and a new motor on the side..but i'm trying to find a way to get it the 100 miles from there to my house
since i've sold my truck/trailer i obviously cant do it myself..so i'm wondering if anyone in the area or anywhere between might be able to do this haul for me for $..everyone wants 3-400 to do the tow..and i personally feel thats way too much ..especially since i've done towing and i know how much it costs and such..so..if anyone might be able to do this..
i need a car and an engine hauled from quakertown pa to new cumberland pa (outside Harrisburg)
thanks -dan
Old 10-07-2008, 12:12 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by firebiird
i'm thinking about buying this 98 firebird thats in quakertown (just south of allentown pa)...its got a bad motor and a new motor on the side..but i'm trying to find a way to get it the 100 miles from there to my house
since i've sold my truck/trailer i obviously cant do it myself..so i'm wondering if anyone in the area or anywhere between might be able to do this haul for me for $..everyone wants 3-400 to do the tow..and i personally feel thats way too much ..especially since i've done towing and i know how much it costs and such..so..if anyone might be able to do this..
i need a car and an engine hauled from quakertown pa to new cumberland pa (outside Harrisburg)
thanks -dan
I might be able to help you out... PM me the details and address's
Old 10-08-2008, 10:36 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you can get it done for $300 thats not too bad. Its a couple hundred miles round trip, and many towing companies get around $2 a mile anymore. Fuel ain't cheap. I can give you some phone numbers of local towing guys if you want.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its just about 100 miles to the dot..i decided not to buy the car because the total with tow ended up abit higher then i wanted to spend..i never got the exact address of the car
and having had a truck/trailer myself and doing alot of towing with it..for a 100 mile tow..350-400 is nowhere even close to a reasonable charge....imo thats highway robbery