Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Any exhaust shops in Ocala or the surrounding areas with a 3" mandrel bender?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 02:22 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Any exhaust shops in Ocala or the surrounding areas with a 3" mandrel bender?

I need to get a y-pipe made for my car so I was just wondering if there were any good exhaust shops in Ocala or the surrounding areas with a 3" mandrel bender.
Old 11-12-2009, 09:10 PM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not aware of anyone with a TRUE mandrel bender in Ocala. Could you use pre-cut pipes and merge them?
Old 11-16-2009, 11:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I gave up on exhaust shops in Ocala after the owner of one (after I brought a vehicle there with pre cut mandrel bends and asked to have it welded up) told me I should have just had them make the bends, because there is no difference between mandrel bends and the crush bends they do. I just sat there and laughed and never went back there for anything.

Your best bet is what Derek said (and what I'm doing next week). Order some pre bent tubes. Measure and cut. Then mark 'em, or find someone with a cheap welder to tack 'em to gether. Then take is somewhere that welds and have it all welded up. Then go back home and bolt it up.

Quick Reply: Any exhaust shops in Ocala or the surrounding areas with a 3" mandrel bender?