Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Where can i get my Throttle Body Ported????

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 07:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where can i get my Throttle Body Ported????

im in the boca raton (south florida) area and im looking for a place that will port my stock throttle body. Any ideas??

Thanks
Old 12-23-2009, 09:17 PM
TECH Regular

I would think that buying a new larger TB would be less costly for you. In order to port a TB, the TB would have to be disassembled. Then the bores machined out. Then new plates would have to be made. Then reassembled. I always preferred to keeping my factory unit (just in case) and buy & install an aftermarket unit.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Doc99SS
I would think that buying a new larger TB would be less costly for you. In order to port a TB, the TB would have to be disassembled. Then the bores machined out. Then new plates would have to be made. Then reassembled. I always preferred to keeping my factory unit (just in case) and buy & install an aftermarket unit.
That is very wrong. Quite the opposite. Aftermarket throttle bodies to little because the hole in the intake manifold is only so big. Taking off and porting the throttle body is easy, and you can feel the difference. Search in the external engine section for people that have done it. It was like the first thing I did to my car.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:36 PM
Staging Lane

thanks, i think im gonna go with jantzer performance on ebay. stock ported tb for 59 dollars plus a core charge. sounds good to me
Old 12-24-2009, 09:41 AM
10 Second Club

RevX is on the west coast of the state and is a sponsor IIRC.
Old 12-24-2009, 05:51 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by camaroextra
That is very wrong. Quite the opposite. Aftermarket throttle bodies to little because the hole in the intake manifold is only so big. Taking off and porting the throttle body is easy, and you can feel the difference. Search in the external engine section for people that have done it. It was like the first thing I did to my car.
Exactly what is done? I think that you would be surprised what little difference there is. What diameter is the TB opened up to. I got sucked into this very thing back in 2001 with my 1999 SS. I would have been better just to buy an aftermarket TB in the first place. I am speaking from my personal experience on the matter. It is right!
Old 12-25-2009, 11:36 AM
TECH Addict

I sent mine to New Era Performance and they did a great job for $75.

Quick Reply: Where can i get my Throttle Body Ported????